Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the local dealers near me had a Street Glide that they upgraded, one upgrade was they wrapped the inside of the fairing with a carbon fiber wrap. I thought this looked really cool, and was a good looking alternative to painting the fairing.

Only thing I saw was some of the inside curves on the surface had small bubbles, likely from a poor install job.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any experience or thoughts with wrapping the inner fairing on their RG instead of painting?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I've been planning on this as well. I think I may buy some carbon fiber wrap vinyl and give it a try, but it seems to me that the Road Glide inner will be much more involved than the Street Glide inner. More real estate to cover overall and more bends and curves. The hydro dipping looks like a great way to go, but finding someone local to do it has been a challenge, and paying to ship the damn thing means my kid won't be able to go to college.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would like to see a picture of what that would look like. Oops, never mind. The other thread had a pic on it and that is definitely cool. Wonder how durable it is.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been planning on this as well. I think I may buy some carbon fiber wrap vinyl and give it a try, but it seems to me that the Road Glide inner will be much more involved than the Street Glide inner. More real estate to cover overall and more bends and curves. The hydro dipping looks like a great way to go, but finding someone local to do it has been a challenge, and paying to ship the damn thing means my kid won't be able to go to college.
Yea, I'm not sure how the wrap would look after doing it, there are more bends, especially around the radio housing. And of course doing it for the first time ever. Maybe if I think I can do it I'll try on the ex wife's dashboard first for practice.

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Without a doubt theres going to be air bubbles and potential creases. Theres way too many bends and curves. As far as durability id imagine its pretty good. I see a lot of companies wrap their vehicles with their logos and designs and those are on the roads just about everyday and in all sorts of weather.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hells Foundry makes a product called softdash in which they have a carbon fiber look inner for RGs ... beware of the sticker shock though .... outside of my pay grade

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Without a doubt theres going to be air bubbles and potential creases. Theres way too many bends and curves. As far as durability id imagine its pretty good. I see a lot of companies wrap their vehicles with their logos and designs and those are on the roads just about everyday and in all sorts of weather.
there is a difference between a wrap and hydroforming, with hydroforming you dunk the item in a tank and it gets sucked up to the item, if its done by someone who knows what they are doing it comes out damn good,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-York-Hydro-Graphics/363487057044947

no monetary connection just a friends son

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hells Foundry makes a product called softdash in which they have a carbon fiber look inner for RGs ... beware of the sticker shock though .... outside of my pay grade
OUCH, that is a large pay grade. To many other things can get done for that.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yea one of my homies did his wheels and inner in yellow and black carbon fiber. It looks dope

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea one of my homies did his wheels and inner in yellow and black carbon fiber. It looks dope
I'd like to see some pic's of that.

·
Registered
839 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
Swagzilla those look killer. Is that inner fairing hyrodipped or what. I want to do mine this winter.
Yes, everything that is the yellow carbon fiber is. It looks really good in person. The wheels lookin bitchin on the bike!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts