Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for a place in central florida to get inner fairing painted?

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Paul Barber, I think he lives in Jacksonville. He is a member. He did mine and it was great work at a reasonable price.

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
Paul is the best, he good, cheap, and fast, who says you can't have your cake and eat it too. ...... He'll be at bike week or you can go on FB and search painted inner fairing.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
967 Posts
Just got mine done over Christmas, great work and customer service and unmatchable price. Paul's work can be found on Facebook Painted Harley Fairings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
After a brief search of the forums, I couldn't find any tips for painting the inner. I'm not doing it but any tips I can give my painter would be helpful. My friend had his inner painted, and for some reason after it was painted they were using an air hose and blew off the new paint. Then after a little research he said they discovered the factory inner was painted "flat black". He said they had to remove the factory flat black before they could get their paint to adhere.
Does anyone else know this to be true, or does everyone else just scuff then paint?

·
Registered
672 Posts
After a brief search of the forums, I couldn't find any tips for painting the inner. I'm not doing it but any tips I can give my painter would be helpful. My friend had his inner painted, and for some reason after it was painted they were using an air hose and blew off the new paint. Then after a little research he said they discovered the factory inner was painted "flat black". He said they had to remove the factory flat black before they could get their paint to adhere.
Does anyone else know this to be true, or does everyone else just scuff then paint?
Scuff it and use an adhesion promoter.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
If the inner has had a silicone "protectant" on it it might be best to pick up a clean part, it would be an expensive gamble since you never really get that stuff out of the flat black finish.

I never remove the old finish but just wetsand with 800 then go over it with a wet gray scotchbrite pad, wax and grease remover then activated epoxy primer such as PPG dp90lf then your base/clear
Adhesion promoter is not needed if you use the epoxy primer

It doesn't have to be a big ordeal to paint these things if you use quality materials and take your time if you havnt done one before.

·
Registered
331 Posts
inner fairing

Paul is the best, he good, cheap, and fast, who says you can't have your cake and eat it too. ...... He'll be at bike week or you can go on FB and search painted inner fairing.

Sent from my SPH-L710
+3 on Paul, he did mine also and was quick, and GREAT to deal with. Super nice guy, he even met me part way due to my time constraints!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have to give a big +1 to Paul. I seen here in the shark tank that Paul's business has a Facebook page so I liked it and sent him a message, and he promptly responded every time.
He even gave me his # to give my painter as he only does autos and has never done motorcycle parts. My painter was very nervous and Paul talked him through the process.
I got my parts back yesterday and they turned out great. I can not thank him and the tank enough. I was just in awe how fast and easy social media made this possible.
Thank you Paul.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts