Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on getting it lined up right. Thought I had it on right but couldn't get the outer to fit. So pulled everything back off and trying to get on strait.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Inventing new cuss words always helped me,i would try to see were the inner bracket was bolted from the factory by looking for marks on the bracket,if there are any lines on the crash bar were the as i call them dog bones went that should get you close enough.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well I was gonna advise you to take the headlights out to make it a lil easier on you but I see you have the daymakers! Don't know much about them! Windshield off is easier too! I've done mines 10 times so now I'm an expert! Lol! It's a soft spot you have to take your time and get it on the bracket! If you are getting it on the bracket just make sure the little guides on both side are overlapping the outside fairing!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well I was gonna advise you to take the headlights out to make it a lil easier on you but I see you have the daymakers! Don't know much about them! Windshield off is easier too! I've done mines 10 times so now I'm an expert! Lol! It's a soft spot you have to take your time and get it on the bracket! If you are getting it on the bracket just make sure the little guides on both side are overlapping the outside fairing!!
Head Light Out of fairing ! Get the 2 black hooks on by looking in the headlight opening, one at a time GENTLY BEND the sides of the inner in toward the center and tuck the outter in and release the inner in place over lapping the guides, then hold firmly together with 1 hand while setting 1 screw in 1/2 way to prevent it from unclipping. then the other side. rotate screw tighting and the long screws go on the bottom hole. directionals next, then snap in headlight.

I just did it last week - maybe there are other ways but that always works for me

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,964 Posts
.. hijack
..... has anyone taken a '15 fairing off, and reinstalled yet ?
... is it easier than earlier models ?
....... somebody's had to have done it

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
If you didn't take the center main frame fairing bracket off then that should be adjusted right.
Put inner on the main frame bracket studs and install the radio bracket but do not tighten the nuts, you should be able to slide the inner up and down in the slotted holes.
Put the crash bar mounts on and keep them loose , if you did not loosen the crash bar mount loosen them and slide them in to the center of the bike. This will allow the inner fairing sides to find their natural position.
Then slide the crash bar mounts up to the inner fairing being careful not to push the sides out any. Snug up the mounts and mark the crash bar on side of the mount so you know if the mounts move in or out while doing the fine tuning.
Line up the inner fairing side holes with the crash bar mounts by rotating the mount either forward or backward and then tighten the mounts.
If the inner fairing holes are higher or lower than the crash bar mount holes you should slide the inner fairing up or down on the main fairing bracket until you have a clear hole then snug up the nuts on the main fairing bracket.
Make sure the side mount holes and the crash bar mounts are lined up by putting in the turn signals, there should be no resistance.
If everything lines up good tighten the main fairing nuts and pull the turn signals and then install the outer fairing.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
.. hijack
..... has anyone taken a '15 fairing off, and reinstalled yet ?
... is it easier than earlier models ?
....... somebody's had to have done it
Yup, check out the handle bar threads. I have mine off right now. Piece of cake.

End of thread jack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts