Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While removing my stator I decided I would upgrade to a Hayden M6 Primary chain tensioner. The OEM screws must have been put in with red lock tight I got the bottom one out but the top one will not come out. I try heat from a propane torch, I tried a chisel to turn it(after the screw stripped of course) and I have tried easy outs. Now I am thinking that drilling it out and putting in a helicoil is about my only option. Anybody got any other ideas?

·
Registered
809 Posts
While removing my stator I decided I would upgrade to a Hayden M6 Primary chain tensioner. The OEM screws must have been put in with red lock tight I got the bottom one out but the top one will not come out. I try heat from a propane torch, I tried a chisel to turn it(after the screw stripped of course) and I have tried easy outs. Now I am thinking that drilling it out and putting in a helicoil is about my only option. Anybody got any other ideas?
Heat the whole area around the screw then let it cool, do this a few more times. You want all the metal to expand and contract, this will usually break the bond of the Loctite. Then lastly pour the heat to the screw while you try to turn it. I prefer a heat gun for this instead of a flame.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I just bought a Baker Attitude adjuster and i hope i do not run into the kind of problems getting the bolts out as you have. I think i will go ahead and get me a heat gun before i start this project.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Inner primary screw/bolts or outer primary? getting ready to replace my clutch spring, friction plates and steels and have already found that the dealer has stripped one of the inspection cover screws. would hate to botch the primary hardware, then try having the dealer cover those as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts