Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Techno research is supposed to release their updated direct link tuner in March at Daytona. Rumor mill has it that it will have some pretty cool auto-tune type features (similar to power vision or thundermax????)

Both the recommended tuners in my area suggested the direct link but I don't know anyone running one. Anybody had a good or bad experience with direct link? Techno research is located in Troy, MI which is right down the road from Delphi, maybe they have some engineering ties that could be advantageous to their system??

Currently running stage 1 with Dragos 2:1 and RSD A/C, no engine work coming in the near future, cams someday though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have tuned several 100 bikes with Direct Link. They will not have an AutoTune feature per say but they do have an AutoCreate feature which will allow wideband tuning and then automatically adjust the VE tables. It will still have to be flashed. The support from them is top notch and there product works very well.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've got the Direct Link tuner on the 2002 RG that I have. I bought the bike used from a friend of mine and it was installed about 6 months after he bought the bike new. Still running great to this day.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Direct link is a very good system and slightly less expensive than TTS or Powervision. I don't know anything about the new updates you refer to but that would be a real boost in do it yourself sales if they add a user freindly tune feature.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I'll post an update about features etc. when the new one comes out.

I

·
0 Posts
Bear in mind there is no such thing as "autotune". Perhaps "auto-adjust" would be a better name for these "autotune" devices but "autotune" probably works better for marketing hype and bottom line profits for the "autotune" units. These devices adjust to a preset/predetermined AFR. That preselected AFR does not mean that is where your engine performs best. The only way to "tune" for best power/efficiency is on a dyno where power can be measured at the rear wheel and fuel and ignition can be dialed in to the optimal settings. Two engines that have the same components will vary on where they perform to their highest potential and in turn their maps would be different if they were in fact "tuned" to their peak performance and efficiency.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts