Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 road glide special and i have a set of handlebar billie's 18" apes to put on it... My question is how do I change out the hydraulic clutch line and front brake line? Please assist! I have the seat, tank, tank dash, original bars, ignition switch & gauge cluster already off what else do I need to do?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm not fully sure I understand the question...

If you already have the dash/bars/tank off, then you just swap them out piece by piece. The brake line runs from the master cylinder on the right side of the bar, down towards the neck and under the tank (which you already have removed) to the ABS block (if you have ABS) under the right side cover. Unbolt the line at both ends and remove (you'll have to snip a few zip ties). Be careful of getting brake fluid on the bike and immediately wipe down (wash) any areas that fluid gets on so it doesn't ruin your paint.

Install the new line and bleed it.

For the clutch, essentially the same thing, except you'll have to drop your exhaust (possibly....depending on what pipes you have) to access the clutch cover on the right side.

A manual will be VERY helpful to you if you've never done it before.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I have a 2015 road glide special and i have a set of handlebar billie's 18" apes to put on it... My question is how do I change out the hydraulic clutch line and front brake line? Please assist! I have the seat, tank, tank dash, original bars, ignition switch & gauge cluster already off what else do I need to do?
You don't need to pull the exhaust or the clutch cover to replace the hydraulic clutch line, as you would a cable clutch. Just take the old one off and make sure the o-ring isn't stuck inside the cover, put new one on and bleed it. Easy stuff. The brake line kit you got probably only consists of the hose running to the ABS block which Sethjamto covered already. Only thing I'll add is make sure you replace the fluid from a new bottle (big one) and don't reuse anything that you bleed out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts