Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Thought I was doing really well. Just bought 2 pairs of the Polk Audio DXI650 for 30.00 a pair on the Best Buy special in order to replace my factory speakers and add speakers to the inner fairing. My intent is to add a Rockford PBR300x4 amp on a mount in the inner fairing (or possibly 2 in order to run 6 amplified speakers). My question is this. Will the amp mounts (such as the Hawg-Wired) interfere with my intentions of mounting the Polks on the inner fairing? If so, I may have a pair of Polks to sell cheap.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You can pick up 2 amp mounting brackets from forum member H-donut. They work great and great price. I would recommend running the rockford fosgate PBR300x2 over the 4 channel as it has more adjusting capabilities.

·
Registered
400 Posts
<

I made my own mounting bracket out of a scrape piece of aluminum diamond plate. Why spend money on something you can make yourself and stand back and say I made that....lol

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Mounted my RS400 on top of the radio with velcro and it works great there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pic. That's what I was looking for. I appreciate the suggestion on doing it yourself also. Need to get inside the fairing to see exactly what I'm facing.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks for the pic. That's what I was looking for. I appreciate the suggestion on doing it yourself also. Need to get inside the fairing to see exactly what I'm facing.
You should be able to mount the 4 channel on one side and the 2 channel on the other side. there is plenty of room in there. I took out the headlight bezel assy and looked inside the fairing with a flashlight to see what kind of room I had to play with.

http://s931.photobucket.com/user/scowles/slideshow/Roadshark Speakers upgrade

1 - 7 of 7 Posts