Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got my CVO rear fender back from the painters and tested out the wiring job I did. It worked!

I disassembled the male plug on the rear cvo wiring harness, clipped off the little metal leads (for some reason, they were the wrong type of lead/input), put new ones on, and plugged them into a male RGC/RGU 8 pin connector/plug I purchased from the stealership.

The only thing I'm kinda lost on, is where do I put the L and R wire harnesses that power the L and R LED lights (turn signals)? They have what looks like little black clips on them, but cant figure out if i put them under the rear fender, or just under the cvo fascia. Anyone got a clue?

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
Sorry I can't help. But I'm subscribing. I will be installing my CVO fender this weekend, so this thread should help me as well..

·
Registered
233 Posts
I installed the CVO rear end on my 2009 RG. If I understand the question right, just run the left and right rights down each side of the frame and the rails and then plug them in. Do not run them under the fender. You sort of break them out at the top. Man, I hope I explained this right and my apology that I didn't take pics.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The wiring for each side goes between the fender and strut and then follows along the bottom side of each strut. The same way your antenna wiring goes.

You can kind of see here where it goes. The wiring in the hole is for the LP light, the flat-six plug is for my Tour Pak.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I installed the CVO rear end on my 2009 RG. If I understand the question right, just run the left and right rights down each side of the frame and the rails and then plug them in. Do not run them under the fender. You sort of break them out at the top. Man, I hope I explained this right and my apology that I didn't take pics.
Thats exactly what i did as well. In fact i used FL99M3 bike as my inspiration to do the cvo conversion in the 1st place. I use black wire ties to secure each harness to the frame and you cant notice anything. Like others have said dont run them under the fender.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help. i finished the install last night. man, that fender was a pain in the arse to put in, that horseshoe type thing that the secures the fender to the saddlebag supports sucked. I had to remove it...I tried to install the fender leaving it on, but I just couldnt get the fender in the right location...so I had to remove that metal piece. once I got the fender properly aligned, i put the horseshoe type metal bracket back on. I think if I had a wider selection of tools it would have been easier. hey, you work with what you got. Anyways... all is well now. yeah, the harnesses that go to the Left and Right turn signal are on the outside of the rear fender stuts in a secure location. everything works like a charm!

peep!

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
Looking sweet... Does the CVO light work in run, brake & turn? And if so, did it require any additional hardware besides what it came with?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep. everything works perfectly. the only thing I needed to buy was the 8 pin male connector that my RGU wiring harness had on it, so i can plug into the 8 pin connector beneath the seat... and I bought 6 pins (i stripped the old pins off the cvo connector and replaced them with the onces that are designed for the rgu/rgc. thats it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where did you purchase the fender? How many $$$ did it set you back? Do you know if you can just buy the fillers with the lights?

·
Registered
210 Posts
The parts can be bought from any Harley dealer, I believe they have a kit with everything for ~$1k in primer paint. Color matched is ~$400 more.

I would also buy a Yaffe Stealth III license plate holder (~$150) as it really completes the clean and sleek look of this set up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
nice job looks real good. i did that to my street glide and I'm going to put it on my road glide after having it painted. also have the yaffe plate cleans fender up.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Not to do any hi jacking but alil FYI, the parts can be purchased separately for alot cheaper than the fender set up from the MoCo. I used my stock fender and bought everything else including the bag extentions for about $600ish. I had my buddy color match and spray it.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Are the extensions usable or for looks

Sent from my MB860 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Nonfunctional purely looks. I did them strickly to "complete" the look. At the time i didnt have and or want to spend the extra money for the real extended bags

1 - 20 of 36 Posts