Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today on the RG I know the wires look bad but until I decide if this is the set of bars for me I am just going to use a couple of wire ties for now.
If I decide to keep them I will pull it back apart and internal wire them when I change out the speakers.
I will also get a longer clutch cable at that time but the stock one will work for now

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,205 Posts
It will be very difficult to internally wire , even though it says it can be done , have to do some modifying to the hole at the base of the bars , I left all mine external , wasn't worth the hassle of damaging the wires ,

JtB

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
It will be very difficult to internally wire , even though it says it can be done , have to do some modifying to the hole at the base of the bars , I left all mine external , wasn't worth the hassle of damaging the wires ,JtB

Those bars should be very straight forward to wire, where's the difficulty??

·
Registered
1 Posts
How stiff are the Khrome Werks? I had a set on my old 06 RG. I loved the position it put me in but they felt very weak and had a bunch of flex to them. I'm looking for new bars for my 13 FLTRU. Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How stiff are the Khrome Werks? I had a set on my old 06 RG. I loved the position it put me in but they felt very weak and had a bunch of flex to them. I'm looking for new bars for my 13 FLTRU. Thanks.
they feel ok here in the garage but I will let you know after I take it for a spin.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will be very difficult to internally wire , even though it says it can be done , have to do some modifying to the hole at the base of the bars , I left all mine external , wasn't worth the hassle of damaging the wires ,

JtB
If these are keepers I will get rid of the little green connector on the TBW and open up the holes in the bar a little and run the wires inside.
didn't do it today since I am not sure yet if these are the ones.
I sat on a RG CVO today that have the fat mini apes from Harley and kind of liked them but these where here so I will try them first, but I do like the fatter bars.

·
Super Moderator
10,205 Posts
I had to use the CVO extension with mine 32310-08 I think is the part number , but no green connector .. It will be a snug fit on the right side with the internal wiring , just remember ya have to take the black sheathing off the wires before you run them

also if ya don't need the heated grips wiring , clip those two wires to save some room in the bar

JtB

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had to use the CVO extension with mine 32310-08 I think is the part number , but no green connector .. It will be a snug fit on the right side with the internal wiring , just remember ya have to take the black sheathing off the wires before you run them

also if ya don't need the heated grips wiring , clip those two wires to save some room in the bar

JtB
Yeah I already got rid of all the wiring for the heated grips, clipped them of the sensor and unwrapped the harness and removed them from there also.
I was able to use the stock sensor but will either get the CVO one or I will cut out the green plug and solder the wires on the stock one.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1st day riding with the new 2+2s and all I will say is WOW what a difference, these should be a factory set of bars.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I internally wired mine saturday morning it took all of about 3 hours. No problems with wire or cable length. I ordered the CVO TBW and kept the grip heater wiring. I did not have to bore out the holes. I did put new heat shrink wrap on the wires to make it smaller. Love the bars I finally feel comfortable in the saddle

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah so far these feel great I couldn't do more than about 2hrs with the stock bars before my back was shot, but these fell like I could do a full day now

·
Registered
69 Posts
Been running the Sweeper 2+2 for about 4 years now and have put close to 40K miles on them. Really made the bike comfortable to ride.

·
Super Moderator
10,205 Posts
Been running the Sweeper 2+2 for about 4 years now and have put close to 40K miles on them. Really made the bike comfortable to ride.
not to be a schmott azz but the KW 2+2 sweepers just came out this time last year , myself and a couple other forum members got some pre production sets direct from KW in early 2012 , before they were released to the public

maybe you have the +2's ??

JtB

·
Registered
69 Posts
My bad, one to many 2's. Guess I have the Sweeper +2 which works great for my vertically challenged shoulders, I should have looked at my signature :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts