Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang it...I messed up big time...bike was stupid hot, so installed a set of the ceramic coated headers..heat is down, sound is WAY up...way too loud. really bothers me on the highway, wonderful hearing problems...I had on CVO take offs, stock...put the stockers back on...quieter, but sound is weird..so Im sort of screwed...unless...someone here has any ideas...

Hope the tune I have loaded still works out...HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Whats loud to you might not be loud to the next guy so take everything with that in mind.
I had that pipe previously and I liked it with V&H twin slash. I don't know what muffler you could put on it that would be quiter than the CVO mufflers. Maybe call Fullsac and talk to them about different core sizes.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Interesting. I have the same headers on my bike with their mufflers and while it increased the sound over stock, it's far from too loud for me. If you want to compare side by side, let me know. Where in NOVa are ya?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. I have the same headers on my bike with their mufflers and while it increased the sound over stock, it's far from too loud for me. If you want to compare side by side, let me know. Where in NOVa are ya?
Right next to Quantico...Been looking at the Jackpots..which do you have?

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have the jackpot 2 into 1 all stainless with the street baffle and it's louder then stock but not obnoxious at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Any cat-free headpipe will increase sound. But ultimately, it's the mufflers that determine how loud it is. JMO

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope I can work something out...I feel like a dumbass..it was running well, just the heat to the point where I had to keep my right leg up on the bars...I could have waited till next spring at least...stayed warm for the winter rides...too late now tho..cant switch it back now...

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Right next to Quantico...Been looking at the Jackpots..which do you have?
I have the Jackpot Hi Roller mufflers and the 2/1/2 stainless steel, ceramic coated headers. Very happy with them so far. Pic of bike shows Screaming Eagle heat shields with the Jackpots underneath. So, they use factory heat shields.

I work in the McLean/Tysons area. If you're up that way sometime, we could compare loudness and tone quality.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I work in Crystal City, commute every day...I have the SS ceramics..I put the stock slips back on...looking at the crusher mellows...but Ill call FM up tomorrow and ask them

thanks..LOVE that paint of yours...wish I could have linked up at the last gathering in MD!!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Keep your eyes peeled. Jeff is planning a Fall meet & greet in PA since he missed the May one in MD.
Quantico to Crystal City? Ouch!! That I-95 commute is not a good one.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Exhaust with quite baffles from Fuel Moto they also make one with disks like Super Traps

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well shite...took a risk on a set of crusher performance mellow pipes,..and lost..I casnt imagine how loud the regualr ones are..geez...and Im pretty sure Im cut off funding for a bit..lol..Cant keep buying these things...I really am not into the disk type pipes..

·
Registered
982 Posts
I used the White Bros e series mufflers on my FM SS ceramic pipe. I also ran these same muffs with the stock pipes. Only slightly louder with the FM pipe.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So decided to ride to work anyway with the crushers..they are like twice as loud as I would be comfortable with..like, embarrassingly loud..if anyone likes loud pipes drop me a line....back to the drawing board..Im putting back on the CVOs with fulsac after it cools down tonight...

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
So, I rode to church yesterday and pulled in with some sweet sounds coming from my FM stainless/ceramic headers and Jackpot Hi-Roller mufflers. I think the wife's new Mustang GT makes louder music (louder exhaust) than my Harley and she has factory exhaust! No one batted an eye at church with my exhaust. Still don't see how your setup can be uncomfortably loud. There's a guy with a Sportster that has loud exhaust. He left during a business meeting last week and people were apologizing to me after the meeting because they thought I had left before the meeting until they saw me still there.

Before you change your exhaust again, call Fuel Moto and talk to them. Something must be wrong with your installation or the pipes or something for it to be too loud. Lil Chief essentially said the same thing as he changed to these headers and it was only slightly louder.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had the exact same exhaust set up as you, 2-1-2 with CVO muffs, and it was virtually as quiet as it was stock! I could hardly hear any difference. It was so quiet, that I installed their Hi Roller muffs just to have a bit of Harley sound. Is there something wrong with the stock baffles in the muffs? Have they been re-cored?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts