Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my first ride with the mono tubes this afternoon and boy what a difference. Bike handles so much better. I know this is money well spent. My question is, how many of you have just upgraded the front and still have the stock air suspension on the rear?

Is there as big a difference in changing the rear as there was up front? If so, what is your recommendation for a guy that weighs 250 and rides about 25% of the time with a passenger and 50% of the time with luggage.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I upgraded to 944 on the back and it was night and day. Smoother and nicer, wife even noticed. Was a great purchase for me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
508 Posts
Upgraded my rear shocks first (before monotubes) to Ohlins S36 Shocks...great improvement over stock. I think you will be much happier once you dump the air suspension. But most important you have to find the right combo for your weight and riding style.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I went with JRIs definitely noticed the difference.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
967 Posts
Best upgrades on my RG
1. Stage 1 with a good cam suiting riding style
2. Better suspension Progressive etc.
3. Comfortable saddle.
Riding monotube and 940's

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Monotubes front. Installed. Stock height.
Ordered and received JRI rear, stock height. Not yet installed.
2008 FLTR
What jri shock did you guys go with ? Where did you buy them ?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all. I went with the JRI shocks 13 inch B model and my bike is sitting about an inch lower. I'm sure I can get them adjusted and will start that process tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions. Now to get ready for Daytona:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts