Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my Carlinis put on. Only damaged on set of wires. Note to self, slow down. I've been wanting these vars for years. Talked myself in flying apes on my old road king and always regretted it. FYI the spot that they want you to mount the ground wire on the risers doesn't work on the road glide. The baking of the speedo hits it and they won't mount

Attachments

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
That look great on there. Nice looking bike too. What 2-1 is that? How does it sound?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Really nice job. Could you post a pic that is more at an angle so we can see the bars better?

Curious: what's that orange thing on your forks? :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exhaust is Bassani Road Rage 1. It's pretty loud and raspy when you get in to it but quiets down pretty good at cruising speed. I'm real happy with them

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That look great on there. Nice looking bike too. What 2-1 is that? How does it sound?

Exhaust is Bassani Road Rage 1. It's pretty loud and raspy when you get in to it but quiets down pretty good at cruising speed. I'm real happy with them

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Looks great. carlini makes really nice bars. years back I had a set of the 1.5" dia. drag bars on a bike, loved them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an FYI. I was so excited when I got the bars on I snapped some pics and posted. After going back to the garage I realized the bars are too wide at the bottom and hit the inner fair g when turned all the way. Think I'm going to replace them with something more RG made

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heads up. The current 12in gangster apes are too wide but after sending pictures to Carlini they are making a new bar for the road glide. They said production and testing may take a month or two, as of 4-24-17, but they will send me a replacement and the 12s from here on out will work. If that's not good customer service I don't know what is!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great. carlini makes really nice bars. years back I had a set of the 1.5" dia. drag bars on a bike, loved them.
Good lookin bike! Man probably 6 months ago I swore I would never own one of those ugly ass Road Glides. Now I can't get enough of them and everything else just looks dumb

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Good lookin bike! Man probably 6 months ago I swore I would never own one of those ugly ass Road Glides. Now I can't get enough of them and everything else just looks dumb
I know what you mean. Years back I couldnt understand what people saw in the roadglides. Then in 2012 I tried to buy one but the dealer was trying to screw me on my trade so I just walked out. I guess over the years they grew on me, then with the redesign I knew I wanted one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just emailed Carlini the other day regarding 12" Evil Apes. Asking about hitting anything at full lock and their response was that they had never had any complaints about anything rubbing: tank, fairing or anything else.
I have a '12 RGC though so the fairing is definitely different in dimensions.

They weren't able to confirm if stock cables would work with simply rerouting though. Evil apes supposedly have the same dimensions as the gangsters, just with sharper bends.

How tall are you btw, Speedy?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just emailed Carlini the other day regarding 12" Evil Apes. Asking about hitting anything at full lock and their response was that they had never had any complaints about anything rubbing: tank, fairing or anything else.
I have a '12 RGC though so the fairing is definitely different in dimensions.

They weren't able to confirm if stock cables would work with simply rerouting though. Evil apes supposedly have the same dimensions as the gangsters, just with sharper bends.

How tall are you btw, Speedy?
Im 5'11"ish. They are below my shoulders a little bit. When i taked to carlini about my issues i think the said the evil apes were more narrow. They offered to trade me those for my gangsters

·
Registered
186 Posts
Im 5'11"ish. They are below my shoulders a little bit. When i taked to carlini about my issues i think the said the evil apes were more narrow. They offered to trade me those for my gangsters
Don't h8, but I ended up going with the Factory47 12's.

This was a tough decision between the 2.

The 1.5" tubing sold me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't h8, but I ended up going with the Factory47 12's.

This was a tough decision between the 2.

The 1.5" tubing sold me.
To each their own! I ended up just having them send me a set of 14s. They are still working on new 12s that will work on the road glide but after a trip to Colorado from the KC area I decided I wanted 14s. I think they're more comfortable. The 14s fit perfect. I also got extended lines but haven't installed them yet. The stock lines will sort of work but they're stretched to the max. I can't say enough about how well Carlini handled all this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts