Road Glide banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was able to install my upgrade late today, took about 3 hours.

Here is what I installed.
Biketronics RG speakers/grill kit.
Soundstream PN4.520 amp
Cyclesounds magic box.
8 gauge amp wiring kit.

I didn't bridge the amp yet, not really sure I need to, seems plenty loud enough.
I want to seal the speaker cabinets per BT instructions, thought they were kidding about that, but I can feel air pumping out of them. I can hear the music @ 75mph!

If I bridge the amp how is the RCA input wired? The instructions only show how to wire the speakers. Also there is no switch that says bridged which I think would take care of that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I didn't bridge the amp yet, not really sure I need to, seems plenty loud enough.
I'm not familiar with BT speakers, but I would think your Soundstream has ample power unbridged. My amp (same amp) gain is at about 25% and I can't ride at more than 50% volume. Bridged would be putting 260w's to your speakers rated for maybe 100w(?).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The information was to take apart the enclosures and put some sort of gasket to seal them. They didn't provide any type of material. As for bridging the amp my gain isn't that much either, probably won't worry about it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The information was to take apart the enclosures and put some sort of gasket to seal them. They didn't provide any type of material. As for bridging the amp my gain isn't that much either, probably won't worry about it.
Dyna mat (sound insulator) is what they probably recommend. I heard its good stuff, and in the auto audio world they use it like crazy. Please let us know if it makes much of a difference - I'd like to know.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dyna mat (sound insulator) is what they probably recommend. I heard its good stuff, and in the auto audio world they use it like crazy. Please let us know if it makes much of a difference - I'd like to know.
They were talking about sealing the joints. I could feel air pumping out towards the front area. I might try the poly fill like others have used, I'm sure it will be a trial and error to get better sound. I'll post again when I get back in there.

·
Registered
10,389 Posts
Trying to understand how the rear channel out when bridged with front out has any output from the rear channel when it doesn't have any input signal?

Also are both gains active when bridged?
It wont. You need to add the rear input signal if your wired low level or high level. Then you can bridge the speaker wires out, if desired?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
It wont. You need to add the rear input signal if your wired low level or high level. Then you can bridge the speaker wires out, if desired?

Not familiar with the particular amp being used, but some amps have a switch that will power the output side (rear and front) of an amp even when only two input channels (front) are used.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.