Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some daymakers and heated grips tonight. Total job took about 2 hours. I can't believe how much brighter and whiter these are. Its a shame Harley has parts like this and doesn't make them stock. Anyone know if there is a protector to keep these safe?

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Interesting. I'd consider it if they could find a less conspicuous mounting method. I have thought about looking into putting some 3M protective film on mine. Would take some work and forming with a heat gun to make it look good though.
Agreed. Good idea, good price, but those 4 big circles of velcro make it kind of an eyesore.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I like the price. How about using black Velcro circles instead? Might blend a little better for those with a black headlight kit.

·
Registered
268 Posts
You wont notice the Velcro, it really is almost clear. I've used their protectors on the spot lights and headlights of my batwing.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I like the price. How about using black Velcro circles instead? Might blend a little better for those with a black headlight kit.
Was thinking the same thing, pargenz. Anyone have any pics using black Velcro?

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Did a little research, it's not Velcro that they use. It is the stronger stuff (3M Dual Lock) that uses rows of plastic "fingers". It is available (many sources) in strips of black, from which circles could be cut.
I ordered one of the covers from Cee Bailey's and will report back once I get it.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Did a little research, it's not Velcro that they use. It is the stronger stuff (3M Dual Lock) that uses rows of plastic "fingers". It is available (many sources) in strips of black, from which circles could be cut.
I ordered one of the covers from Cee Bailey's and will report back once I get it.

Was wondering if you ever got the protector and mounted it?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm also interested in an update on the outcome.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
I can't believe how much brighter and whiter these are. Its a shame Harley has parts like this and doesn't make them stock.
they do. but you pay the premium for it. its called 'cvo'.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed some daymakers and heated grips tonight. Total job took about 2 hours. I can't believe how much brighter and whiter these are. Its a shame Harley has parts like this and doesn't make them stock. Anyone know if there is a protector to keep these safe?
Are you referring to the clear headlight cover? I just installed some china LEDs and ran and found that the clear cover/protector does not fit with the new chrome bezel. Kinda new to this and I'm looking for a solution. I see some bikes with no cover, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
600 Posts
You are responding to a thread that's 6 years old, so not sure if the OP will get back to you. What year is your bike. They changed the design some time back around 08-09 eliminating the clear plastic cover and using hardened glass lenses. Welcome to the forum by the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a 99 FLTRI. I've seen some bikes w/o it. A friend said itd be fine but my main concern is what about bugs, dust, dirt, debris, and water? Not like theres a weather proof seal between the fering and the headlight assembly. And thanks!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
If you’re asking if the Daymakers are reliable the answer is yes. I’ve had them for about 50k miles and they’ve seen a lot of bugs, dust and rain. They will break from debris but I never had an issue with that. They’re a huge improvement over stock. There are less expensive ways to achieve better light then the stock bulbs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts