Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe an hour to remove the air shocks and install the super shox.

its raining so I wont get to try them until Saturday.

only issue I see is I have to remove the bags each time to change the setting.
I ride to work during the week and the wife joins on weekends.

if the ride is improved as much as they say it will, I will deal with that issue.

wife has started to complain some of the bumps are going right up her spine
so we all know the wife needs to be happy.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Subscribed. I have a similar situation.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I put those on this pst spring and have enjoyed them as has the Mrs. smoother ride for sure. The bag removal is worth the better ride quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looking forward to hearing back on your impressions as I am debating on changing shocks also.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I would like to make an upgrade to my shocks, but have a couple other mods I want to finish up first. Supershox is definitely one of the ones I am thinking of (Ohlins, Legend). I like the simplicity of how it works and installs, and heard the customer service is just top notch. I really am waiting for them to come out with their front suspension solution before I make up my mind. When I change shocks, I want to have both front and rear done at the same time (money permitting).

I agree that taking the saddlebag off to adjust is a PITA, but I have to do that now with my stock '15 FLTRXS. I really like how accessible the monoshock is on the new '18s.

Let us know how you like them!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I will probably go with these as well when money allows. I've heard nothing but good things.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Eagerly waiting your review. Now i don't want a ride around the block they are nice review. I want an I put 300 miles on review. Good luck...

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
trying to get out tomorrow in between rain drops for a short 75 mile ride and if it clears early enough sunday , we have a 200 mile ride planned.wont be anymore 80 degree weekends here as its almost time to chunk for stripers.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got out for 110 miles.rode to a irish fest at a place we often go and we know the roads are not all that smooth.
so when we get there, the wife says major improvement. after a pulled pork sandwhich and a roast beef, we head off for the longer ride home. wife is happy which makes me happy. over 18k on the tires and original front suspension with 32k and it rides so much nicer. will put tires on in the spring then will think about replacing the front suspension.
I was thinking of buying a new bike but with how the ride today was, new tires in the spring and possibly front work, no need .
two thumbs for super shox, or should I say 4 thumbs up:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stock shocks on my 17 RG special are horrible. My 03 with the stock air shocks was a far better ride. Looked at the premium and premier super shox...haven't done anything yet, but reading the reviews on them they seem to be a very significant improvement and cost is pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It also depends on how you ride. Two up? Solo? Tour pack? Weights? I talked to a rep at a block party. He figured the cheaper two would be better for me. The third option they were showing would be more for the Ultras because of the extra weight of the tour pack.

Just something to think about. Give 'em a call. I also hear how great their customer service is. He didn't try to sell me the most expensive shocks, which says something.

·
Registered
365 Posts
No need to remove bags to adjust legend revo-'s

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I went with the top of the line,8 bills. majority of my miles are two up with a cooler in the tour pack ,extra clothes and rain gear in one bag. tools, air pump and stuff in the other bag.laugh as you may, but occasionally we set on a day ride and find ourselves staying the night somewhere. tools and pump and a can of slime has come in helpfull for others knock on wood not me.and the cooler well it comes in handy all the time.. when I ride to the boat in cape may, bag of gear, cooler and two rods that go into the rod holders that you cant see as my pic is gone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts