Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...I have come to the conclusion that my custom bars were WAY TOO MUCH for my bike. I deleted the other thread with those bars because I didn't want people to see my bike with a large set of elk antlers. hahaha...:D Needless to say, this has been a learning experience for me.:rolleyes::eek:

Anyways, my blood pressure has dropped since changing the bars. LOL. I was pretty mad about spending that kind of money for something that looked that hideous on this bike. I have seen those bars on a night train and they looked incredible. Road Glides have certain lines that one must follow or it totally destroys the look of the bike....if you know what I mean.

So, I went down to the local Harley dealership and picked me up a set of Black Heritage style bars for a 08-09 touring bike. These are actually really nice. I also threw on my friends 12" Klock Werks windshield for sh1ts and giggles. It looks pretty sweet as well. I think I will run this shield for the winters and keep the 8" Klock Werks Opaque Black shield for the summer.

Now I just have to connect all the wiring and put the controls back on these bars...

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
booooo!!! Go with the klock werks and the pointy bars!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heritage bars

Pur the chrome ones on mine. BIG differance. Wish I did it sooner!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I also had to put the Heritage bars on mine. The stock bars were killing my neck. They just put me in too much of a forward lean. I even tried to roll them back a little but it wasn't enough. Heritage bars make it much more comfortable to ride.:)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to disappoint guys but I ended up taking these bars off and putting the crazy bars back on. Let's see pics of your bikes with heritage bars! :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sorry to disappoint guys but I ended up taking these bars off and putting the crazy bars back on. Let's see pics of your bikes with heritage bars! :D
Dude, my head is spinning. I am trying to figure out if you went with the spiked BR bars or went with the heritage bars. From your latest post, it looks like the BR bars ended up on the bike.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey...I'm sharknose. I had custom ordered a set of BR Custom cycle bars and decided last minute that I need to put those on. Nothing personal against the heritage bars but after looking at the BR bars with all the controls, etc installed and the new 12" KW windshield, it was a no brainer for me.:)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Installing Heritage bars and J&M 7.25 speakers today, hope all goes well.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts