Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found some bars that I like for my 2015 RGS. The Vindikta Nomads. I'm one of those oddballs that actually like the stock bars, they're not perfect but for me more comfortable than most. I'm not into apes, at least not on the Glide and not much into the meat hooks ether. Although the Vinditka Nomads feel close to the stock bars they don't pull back quite as far and the wrist angle is much better. These are the second set of bars I have tried on this bike but I think these will be staying. So, if your like me and like the stock bars but dislike the wrist angle and want just a little more reach, give these a shot. If nothing else, they look much better than stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
I finally found some bars that I like for my 2015 RGS. The Vindikta Nomads. I'm one of those oddballs that actually like the stock bars, they're not perfect but for me more comfortable than most. I'm not into apes, at least not on the Glide and not much into the meat hooks ether. Although the Vinditka Nomads feel close to the stock bars they don't pull back quite as far and the wrist angle is much better. These are the second set of bars I have tried on this bike but I think these will be staying. So, if your like me and like the stock bars but dislike the wrist angle and want just a little more reach, give these a shot. If nothing else, they look much better than stock.

Joe at Vindikta is a great guy/company to deal with and his product along with customer service is second to none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe at Vindikta is a great guy/company to deal with and his product along with customer service is second to none.

Yes, I couldn't agree more. Joe definitely understands the importance of customer service.

L

·
0 Posts
really nice looking bike , and those are apes ! nice looking apes at that!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
really nice looking bike , and those are apes ! nice looking apes at that!
These are apes? Got to admit, I never really thought about what actually defines apes as being apes. I guess for me anything shoulder height or above are apes, which is totally depended on the height of the rider. These Nomads have a 10" rise which is well below the shoulder height of most riders.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I am like you. I like the stock bars on my '15 RGS just fine. Perfectly comfy for me and my bum shoulder. However, I really like the look of those bars (in black) and they look comfy too. I would assume you could rotate those forward/backward as needed? What did those run you?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

I agree. Took a month to get mine but they were perfect. The 1 1/2 diameter of the bars really stand out to me

·
Registered
470 Posts
I also like to stock bars but after my first 1000 plus mile weekend the base of my neck got a cramp that took days to go away and now every time I ride I feel it. These bars might be the ticket. I notice the position of the stock bars make my shoulders squeeze in to the neck and this I am sure is what causes the discomfort. I do not want much taller bars just bars that put my hands in a better position and these might just do that.
Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am like you. I like the stock bars on my '15 RGS just fine. Perfectly comfy for me and my bum shoulder. However, I really like the look of those bars (in black) and they look comfy too. I would assume you could rotate those forward/backward as needed? What did those run you?
Yes, the hole in the bars to accommodate the pin that's in the riser clamp is slotted giving ample adjustment in both directions. Bars were $375 plus shipping. Not a bad price for 1 1/2'' diameter tube bars.

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
Yes, the hole in the bars to accommodate the pin that's in the riser clamp is slotted giving ample adjustment in both directions. Bars were $375 plus shipping. Not a bad price for 1 1/2'' diameter tube bars.
Where did you get them for $375? On the site they're $400, maybe they had a price increase.
If the bars I have now don't work out I may go this route.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks for the info I have been looking for something like this. I like the stock bars, just not the wrist angle. Got bad shoulders and don't want anything tall, I also think they look goofy on a road glide. Just my opinion.

L

·
0 Posts
I did 150 miles the other day and my neck is still sore from the stock bars, my apes come in this week!

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts