Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow member Triplej and I installed some new Woods 222 cams, lifters and adjustable push rods in my bike. I truly enjoyed the challenge of tearing down a good engine and making it better. Once I got over the shock of cutting the push rods knowing there was no turning back, Triplej ( John ) made the process very easy. It definitely helped that he had the proper equipment, the service manual, and a lot of confidence from doing this on a previous Harley. It took about 5 hours, not bad at all for someone who does not do this every day. In fact I think it's better than your average HD steeler install!

Ok you want to know was it worth it, you bet your #%* it was ! Even though I did not have the right map from fuelmoto, ( my bad ) we used the auto tune feature on my PV-1. That is something I definitely recommend if your in the market for a tuner. After a couple 20 min runs we got a decent enough map for a download. WOW, can you say torque and power!! Just when I didn't think my smile couldn't get larger, it did!

Thanks again John, look forward to doing your bike in the near future!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Great to hear! I think those are the cams that I'm going with. Only have about 2500 miles on mine. Kind of strange tearing down a new engine!

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
My pleasure Bob but what the hell is with all that smoke and the loud tapping sound when you pull up next to me :D:eek:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Great work and I'm sure the feeling of doing it yourself makes it that more special.

Those are the cams I want to install in my bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts