Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Roadglide Custom: I have just ordered some upgrades for my stereo, (Soundstream PN4.520, Infiniti Kappa 62.11 for front, and will install pioneer 6x9 in lids in the near future but will be running all the wires. This is my first install and have found much of the info on this site I need, as well as HD forum site. My question is what all do I need to make this installation. I read on HD forums that i need a line output converter to hook up to the amp, could someone please clear this up for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The stock HK unit has speaker level outputs (no RCA outputs). The Soundstream PN4.520 can be connected via speaker wire (high level) or RCA (low level), No converter needed for high level input (speaker wire to speaker wire). To connect via the low level, you will need a speaker wire to RCA converter. It is my understanding that low level is the preferred connection method. I made my connections via the low level.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just installed a pn4.520

as others here I installed it on the left inner fairing near the pocket...

I purchased an inline blade fuse holder and mounted that direclty to the bat...

I ran 10g power and ground under the tank/bezel to the right of the gas cap...

You may want to run it under the tank but this worked for me...

as the HK does not have RCA outs...yes you will need to run into the hi level inputs...setting the gain is something I am still tweeking but I have them Very low about 9 oclock position...and that seems best.

I used 16 guage wire to the speakers you wont need much...I used the same wire to extend the left stock speakerwires from the right speaker over to the hi level inputs on the amp located onthe left...

I soldered and heat shrinked all conections !!! this is a must in my opinion...
you will need an assortment of blade connectors to attach to the speakers you should solder these to dont jusy crimp them

I made brackets to hold the amp in place versus the velcro method

also I mounted the amp so the Hi level inputs and gain adjustment side of the amp is towards the front...I have access to the gain adjustments through the left headlight without remopving the fairing outer...

if you look at my post under "PN4.520 hi level wireing" i posted some pics of how I mounted the amp

hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts