Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just as it says just pulled the fairing off the 09 glide and gettin to all the fun stuff. please feel free to add all tricks and tips as i will be checking in as it goes. pics to follow

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i am having the worst time getting the wires out of the connectors. done for tonight also think i screwed up the ignition switch wont lock with the key now f-my life...

·
Registered
730 Posts
just changed my bars to 18 inch apes easier just to take it to a shop, probably will take them 2 hours and you will have less stress:)

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
ok i am having the worst time getting the wires out of the connectors. done for tonight also think i screwed up the ignition switch wont lock with the key now f-my life...
You got directions? Send me your email adress if ya dont, and I'll send them to you PRONTO. Ign. switch is TOUCH-E! Just work w/it and you'll get it rite.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still goin monkey bar install

thanks for the instructions just went out and bought the heat shrink and now have been working to remove the tbw from the bars. connector is stuck in the bars upper bend. looks like nothing wants to cooperate with me. i have rebuilt motors in less time than this. will keep posting my "bar follys" as i progress thanks Neano

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
almost done

ok got the right side done no prob. left side what a pain. had to walk away a few times. heres what i found out. tbw needs to be extended cut and soldered. connectors would not fit. even called the shop, yaffe tech said it would. not a chance for me, wasted bout 4 hours back and forth. the wires have to come out the center. not enuff room on end hole,controll wires fill it tight. I used heat shrink to keep all wires together. thanks Neano for the info. also had to use EZ pull. must have!! will button up over the weekend and send picks.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
ok got the right side done no prob. left side what a pain. had to walk away a few times. heres what i found out. tbw needs to be extended cut and soldered. connectors would not fit. even called the shop, yaffe tech said it would. not a chance for me, wasted bout 4 hours back and forth. the wires have to come out the center. not enuff room on end hole,controll wires fill it tight. I used heat shrink to keep all wires together. thanks Neano for the info. also had to use EZ pull. must have!! will button up over the weekend and send picks.:D
to late now but i bought the TBW that comes extended much easier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts