Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the 6.5 adapters in then removed inner faring and cut holes to install two Rockford fishers shallow speakers like yaffee

Cut holes with dremel and installed
P1s652 speakers

Sent from my iPhone using [

·
Registered
397 Posts
Great Job! An easy do it yourself project! And nothing like stepping back and saying I got to get out of the house and work on my bike and SAVE a couple hundred bucks all in one afernoon. They will sound great congrats

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now working on amp.

Made my own bracket from half inch wide aluminum from home depot and bent it till I had it where I want the amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts
Keep the pics coming. I am interested in seeing where people are mounting there amps when running this 4 speaker set up. What kind of amp are you planning on using?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lanzar Mini Amp MNX450 4 channel is what I have to put in if it fits LOL
Mock up it appears it will but when you go to close the top you find out..

Might have to redo the mount if it needs to come up some but we'll see

Now I have to decide if I want to run them in series or
hook up all 4 channels to the speakers...

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have been kicking around the idea of doing the same speaker set up with the Elf amp wired in series. Just wondering how much heat the amp will put out wired up like that.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have been kicking around the idea of doing the same speaker set up with the Elf amp wired in series. Just wondering how much heat the amp will put out wired up like that.
I have a 250 watt 2 channel wetsounds amp pushing 4 6.5 rockford fosgates and 2 tweeters and havent had any problems yet. Wetsounds is just like the arc amp just marine grade.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
speaker placement

Have you actually rode the bike yet with the new inner fairing speakers in place? I was Just wondering if the sound gets muffeled at all being soo close to the forks and down low ?

I was thinking about which way to go; using the lower fairings glove box for speaker placement or the inner fairing placement or I could run a six pack . lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
They sound great

I have them installed like hotrodking they work and sound great. The speakers in the back seat of your vehicle are alot farther away than these. Being down low doesnt really affect the sound I dont think but then again maybe if they were turned a different way they would sound better. IDK? It is loud enough for my bike with a 8 inch windvest and D&D with performance baffle. In the shop we cranked the stereo up as loud as it would go and cranked the bike up to 3000 rpms and I could still hear the music over the exhaust! Out on the road is no different 4 speakers is enough for me. For now:cool:

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I'd like to see more pics of the inner facing mounting position.

Planning on doing this mod myself as a pre-amp build up.

looks like a one shot deal as far as placement.

One simple question: it looks like your lower left speaker mounting hole is a 1/4" or straight up from your rear bar mounting hole, about one inch up...

Any placement tips for a newbie appreciated.

Are there any thoughts, like if I had put them forward one inch further they would have cleared the fork bolts better, etc???

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
the specs say 1600W, wow

a. where would you mount it?

b. are there any stator based/overvoltage, negative potentials or creative solutions? it's a class d, right?

c. you'd need a line converter, cheap $8 expensive $75, how much noise is expected with .05% THD?

one more

d. it says it has a remote bass control, but cant find any pics.

good find

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Interested in hearing how the amp works out.....I googled Lanzar Mini Amp MNX450 and it is cheap! Under $100! Sounds too good to be true.
Well, My Dad use to say if it sounds too good to be true it probably is, and you only get what you pay for.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shoot forgot about the thread LOL

I'll get some this evening been off the project for a while.
I"ve mocked it up and fit it, hooked up and cranked it

The amp will overrun the Rockford Fosgates easy, it's putting out
plenty of power, 1600? or 400 per channel, maybe, probably not
but for $80 for a mini amp vs $300 for a 2 channel Elf...

Have the gain up about 1/4 and that's probably the max I need
to get most sound,

Not looking to rival a $5000 audio car stereo, have to be
realistic, it's a bike, you have wind, pipes, cars, tire noise
cow farts, duck farts, frog belching, you know all those noises....

I plan on working on it this evening...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got it installed sounds good

Amp mounted

Another picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts