Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home today. And after saying hello to the dogs. To the garage.

Started wiring up the bars. Wires are too short. Ordered the 8" NAMZ extensions and the Deutsch plug tool. I needed one anyway. So I'll wait until those parts show up. Dont have faith in the clutch line being long enough.

I'll post a few pics in a bit. Just went out for ice cream. lol.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
That trike didn't have Deutsch plugs on the hand controls did it? You should be able to pull the wires without taking the plugs apart on a 19.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That trike didn't have Deutsch plugs on the hand controls did it? You should be able to pull the wires without taking the plugs apart on a 19.
I should. And I can with the controls it's the TBW plugs that are giving me the headache. I just did the 12s on RGS and it took minutes. These 14" Malos are not cooperating at all. They're 1" at the clamp so I think the ID of the bars is a bit smaller.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the namz on my 12 rgc, put a drop of solder on em and shrink tubing-done.

I think they come with connectors on both ends, I will look for pics

By the way welcome home, I am guessing you are going to live?
Yep. I'm gonna live. At least a little while longer. Lo

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got home today. And after saying hello to the dogs. To the garage.

Started wiring up the bars. Wires are too short. Ordered the 8" NAMZ extensions and the Deutsch plug tool. I needed one anyway. So I'll wait until those parts show up. Dont have faith in the clutch line being long enough.

I'll post a few pics in a bit. Just went out for ice cream. lol.
What is a a Deutsch plug tool??? Got a pic?

Enjoy your ice cream! :)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So. I'm getting a bit pissed @factory47 nothing is long enough except for the TBW wire. Needs clutch and brake lines extended too. No way they're going to tell my these just bolt up on a freewheeler. theres no slack to pull for either. So I need to order +4 lines for each side. I may just end up running the stick bars till after my trip. We'll see. But when I ask do I need any extensions? Have the correct information. and my PM Renthal grip will not fit on the left side. I have to sand off a lot of chrome to get it to go on.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. Just ordered the +4 brake line and clutch line. Good thing I'm grounded from any driving or riding. Nothing is a hurry. But I do want it done.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
John, I'm glad to see you're at home and working on Your Awesome 3 Wheeler.
I'm sure that's much better therapy then laying in a Hospital Bed.
Take your time wiring them and the 4+ extensions should do it Bro.
The 47's look terrific on "The 3 Wheeler"!
Keep Us updated on everything Bro.
Mike U.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,949 Posts
"Got home today. And after saying hello to the dogs. To the garage.

...... I'll post a few pics in a bit. Just went out for ice cream. lol."

Glad to see you have your priorities in order, it's all about the ice cream!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts