Road Glide banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,243 Posts
As everyone else has said, "It's great to see you back home fiddlin' around in the bike barn. I've had several health emergencies through the years and when you come out the other side, it always gives you reason to reflect on your life and what's important to you. Prioritize the fun stuff, and those activities that bring the family closer together. I hope that your job is one that doesn't cause a lot of additional stress on you. If it does, find a way to minimize it some how ..... or find another career.

Everyone on here wishes you continued good health and we hope you're around this forum for a very long time. Now go spend some therapeutic time in the bike barn transforming that black beauty into a Bad Azz, FatAzz ride.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got the left grip on. With the assistance of a grinder. So far not happy at all with @factory47 but the bars are on there. Waiting on the new lines. Seems the mechanics at Harley make the brake lines with they do them for a customer. So for now I've ordered the pieces needed to make the brake line and ordered a 6" over clutch line because the 4" over measured the same size as stock. So someones numbers are fucked up. I'll keep moving forward with the install. If I have to and trust me. I dont want to. I'll put the stock bars back on for the trip to New England.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
As everyone else has said, "It's great to see you back home fiddlin' around in the bike barn. I've had several health emergencies through the years and when you come out the other side, it always gives you reason to reflect on your life and what's important to you. Prioritize the fun stuff, and those activities that bring the family closer together. I hope that your job is one that doesn't cause a lot of additional stress on you. If it does, find a way to minimize it some how ..... or find another career.

Everyone on here wishes you continued good health and we hope you're around this forum for a very long time. Now go spend some therapeutic time in the bike barn transforming that black beauty into a Bad Azz, FatAzz ride.
You guys are truly the best.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Glad you're home and the bars look killer. Inquiring minds want to know if your wife let you bring the hottie naughty nurse home.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Great to see you home! Those bars look great!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Great to see you home! Those bars look great!
Thanks brother. one more step down. My Namz extensions came in. Plugged them right in. Brake and clutch lines. Then it's done.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Looking good. There is something about the bars lining up with the forks that looks very clean.

When I see bars pushed forward at an odd angle to the forks it just makes me cringe. I guess I just like symmetry and flowing lines.

Reading about everyone's adventures in handlebars just confirms my desire not to open that can of worms. LOL!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looking good. There is something about the bars lining up with the forks that looks very clean.

When I see bars pushed forward at an odd angle to the forks it just makes me cringe. I guess I just like symmetry and flowing lines.

Reading about everyone's adventures in handlebars just confirms my desire not to open that can of worms. LOL!
Us old school guys. The bars HAVE to line up with the front end. Anything else is unnatural. lol.

This was avoidable had @factory47 been honest and said they didnt know. They flat out said no extensions were needed. I honestly don't believe that many people have put these on the FW. I'm no novice when it comes to working on shit. When I say they dont work without all the extensions. They dont.

When I put the 12s back on my RGS that I sold, it took an hour and a half tops. Start to finish. If you decide to tesr into a bar job on the RG. You wont have any issues. This was testing new waters. Dont think anyone's been here yet.

And I keep tagging them here. See if they respond.

Needing a grinder to get my left grip on was bullshit.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Another thing I've been working on is the mount for the bluetooth controller. I thought I had it figured out but then I notices I could move my phone there too. Not too keen on the appearance but once I'm done it will be under the windshield bag. And behind the windshield. It wont stand out. Also pics of the wirs extensions n you can see the stock wiring just makes it out of the bars. As for the other end there is no real slack to pull. Maybe an inch. The 8" Namz worked perfectly. I put a zip tie on the connections at the base of the bars. Just for good measure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Got the lines in. He kinda over estimated the clutch by on 14" lol. Stock is 64" he ordered 78" I had him order me a 70" what sucks is I cant seem.to find a clutch line with a 90 at the bars. 38° best I can get. But the brake side it's a 3 piece kit and I can choose straight, 38° or 90° what I'll do is match it to the clutch side. So. Gonna go get a syringe and tube some Dot 4 and get the brake line bled. Should have the clutch line by Wednesday. I'll get that on and I'm done. Bike is all back together except for the exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Batting 1000 on shit not fitting. Apparently in 2017 they changed the fitting for the clutch line from a "cup" to a "bubble" style flange. So. 3 more days wait for a new line. And the shoes dont fit. Lol. Fuck it. It'll get there.

No 8 day trip this year.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts