Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 RGS with a black inner faring and gauge cluster. I’m sure this is common! I hate the silver bezels/rings around the gauges. HD sells a black bezel set but it gets horrible reviews with some saying it doesn’t even fit the gauges. Is there a solution short of removing the gauges and painting them black?
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
you could painstakingly tape them off and paint them black while still on the bike.

really though, it isn't that difficult to remove them and paint them. i used plasti-dip to paint mine in case i ever wanted to go back to chrome. $100 is way too much for those pieces of plastic. it is easier if you remove the fairing vent tubes to get to the 2 small gauges, which can be intimidating at first, but is not that bad.

Reactions: GunnerG

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
yes, they do. and they are damned expensive for a small piece of plastic. $23 each for the 2 small ones, and $32 each for the speedo and tach.

• Wow
Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
7 Posts
As mentioned above, you can purchase the complete set used on a CVO (the parts are not restricted). I bought mine from the parts catalog of a 2018 CVO RGS. They are expensive, but, in my opinion, worth the price. And if you already have the fairing off for some other type of service they are easy to replace. I purchased the HD Bezel set and, as mentioned in the reviews, they do not fit the Speed and Tach gauges very well at all. You can still see the chrome if you are looking for it. They are OK on the Gas and Volt gauges. But those little things do add up to having a stand out bike which sets it apart just a little bit from all the other good looking bikes. Hope that helps in your decision tree.
Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Automotive lighting Mode of transport

1 - 6 of 6 Posts