Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding yesterday heading west in the early hours I was getting blinded by the damn glare coming off the instrument panel and touch screen. It was ridiculous how bad it was at time. Anyone else have this issue on the Rushmore setup with the white instruments? I'm not sure if its the white or its the Plastic that is the reason for it but I have not noticed this before until this ride. Anyone have this issue and come up with a fix?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Riding yesterday heading west in the early hours I was getting blinded by the damn glare coming off the instrument panel and touch screen. It was ridiculous how bad it was at time. Anyone else have this issue on the Rushmore setup with the white instruments? I'm not sure if its the white or its the Plastic that is the reason for it but I have not noticed this before until this ride. Anyone have this issue and come up with a fix?

I have a RGU so no white cluster but I do get nasty glare off of the Boombox when the sun is behind me. I was thinking about putting a anti glare screen protector over it. Just to test. Then I’ll try one of these guys. But people have complained of the angle of this thing since Rushmore launched.

http://www.priushood.com/sun-visor-harleydavidson-65--boom-box-infotainment-syst65.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do not know if this could help but I saw a youtube video recently on a road test for a new CVO. Anyway, the rider mentioned that glare might be helped if you push the info button on the right side control to change the light mode of the screen. I did not know that before but plan on trying it if I have a glare problem. I did check out the button yesterday and by holding it down the screen changed to black and white.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
That's impossible, because Harley clearly stated they tested and tested the new Rushmore RG before release....<sarcasm>

I've tried every film cover that claimed to stop glare and all they did was drain money out of my pocket.
I have found a couple "shields", but at close to $50.00 I am UNwilling to try them, plus I don't think they could help with the sun at your back late afternoon. The angle is the killer, but I refuse to ride a street glide:wink:
I just turn the stereo up and glide

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it sucked at times for sure. I'm thinking of possible velcro on back side and lower front of instrument bezel and then some type of black cloth or something thin. Have to experiment a little but I agree with Bruce about not throwing dollars after it on every option unless its spoken highly of from RG nation here. GTMedic - you may be on to something. I checked out the link and not sure if it will be enough on its own but I think its a good starting point. Good looking out fellas thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I’ve tried an anti-glare screen protector. It was a waste of money. I’ve learned to squint or ride leaning out right or left.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Do not know if this could help but I saw a youtube video recently on a road test for a new CVO. Anyway, the rider mentioned that glare might be helped if you push the info button on the right side control to change the light mode of the screen. I did not know that before but plan on trying it if I have a glare problem. I did check out the button yesterday and by holding it down the screen changed to black and white.
To me, this is the best way to mitigate glare. I have to do it quite often. Spain is a sunny country. You have to hold the button fro around 3 seconds. If you push it again 3 seconds, it goes back to color.

I recommend you try this, and tell us your experience.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have a RGU so no white cluster but I do get nasty glare off of the Boombox when the sun is behind me. I was thinking about putting a anti glare screen protector over it. Just to test. Then I’ll try one of these guys. But people have complained of the angle of this thing since Rushmore launched.

http://www.priushood.com/sun-visor-harleydavidson-65--boom-box-infotainment-syst65.html

I ordered one of these yesterday; I’ll let you know how it works when I get it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts