Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to renew my insurance for the KLR650 today and while I was on the phone with the agent I got a quote for the FLTRU that will be coming soon. I nearly had a heart attack! The quote was $1500.00 and change for a year!!!:eek: I'm currently with Foremost and I get a pretty good rate for the Kawi but dang. Maybe a few factors playing with it are my state: California, My age: 28.

I'm curious if this is way to much or in the ballpark? I will most definitely shop around once the time gets closer. Any tips or tricks is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Damn, you just hurt my feelings. I was paying that much on my 2009 Hayabusa (Californnia, married, 31 years old) I had hoped to get a break on the RG when it shows up.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I use foremost as well. Im 37 and theres a few "infractions" on my license. I pay $600 a year with full coverage. I had them with my superglide too which i got into an accident with. They took care of me on that one so i used them for this bike too

·
Registered
528 Posts
I pay $356 on a 2013 fltru full coverage and 30 for the chopper (just enuff to be legal). Use progressive, but I'm 60 years young lol. The agent said that the tour bikes are among the cheapest and crotch rockets the highest. Makes sense to me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
we pay just under $700 for my 11 rgu and my wife's 11 ultra classic limited. We are in Pa. and use Rider. They even cover accessories and custom paint up to a certain amount.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm with Foremost as well and only pay about $300 a year for my '11 RGU. When I had my Iron Horse Texas Chopper it was only $400 for the two of them. They gave a multi-vehicle discount.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
$350 a year for full coverage thru State Farm. Your age will certainly be a factor, but that seems excessive unless that's normal for CA.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm 37 clean record married house, car and bike with allied. Wife has one no fault from 2 years ago and we still pay $144/month just for the bike. Time to start shopping.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't have the break down but I pay about $1700.00/yr for RGC, Raider, Toy Hauler and Mega Cab Diesel. 2 speed reminders in 2010. 47 yrs young been riding for 31 yrs. That's through Progressive at Ohio rates. All full coverage.

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
Twisyedlizard 720 and scubaz 71, I don't know if its your age, state, or what, I pay $320 a year total for 2 bikes, my RG, and the wifes VTX 1800, adding my vehicle also, I'm still under what you pay. I have a pretty clean record, but I've only been with my current carrier, (Allstate) for 3 years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
id say its an age thing im in so cal bought my 1st HD in 07 (08 FXDB) paid $1200 a year from state farm i was 26 bought my 12 FLTRX back in June now i only pay $900 a year im 31 now age is the reason according to my brother ( hes my agent) wait a couple years itll drop

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Wow, how many of your policies do not have medical coverage on the policy??

For whatever reason the state of Iowa does not require medical coverage on bike policies, so my State Farm policy is ridiculously cheap. 100/300/100, uninsured/underinsured, $1000 deductible comp and collision, no medical, costs me $150/year.
I do have an impeccable driving record and credit score, 47 years old.
Was looking through the records today, looks like my rate dropped almost 25% when I turned 45.

We do have excellent medical coverage from our employer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
everytime i go in to pay my insurance i feel as though i'm being penalized for being a good guy. i'm going to be shopping for the best price on insurance. i was using farmers, and every time i went in to pay, i felt like i was being treated as a criminal, or being scolded because of the rate increases. all they're selling me is blue sky and they know it, and i've never had an accident, ticket, hell i haven't ever had a parking ticket. i pay my insurance on time, have no misdemeanors or felonies, and don't drink or do drugs. what's the solution? i'm 61 years old, and i pay attention while riding or driving my pickup. i'm a responsible home owner, and it sucks when we get an increase when all they're selling us is the paperwork for the insurance just in order to stay within the law of being covered.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am 24 and have a good driving record. State Farm wanted $1740 a year, but both my cars are only $1200 a year so i shopped and found Dairyland. You can go to their website online and do it. Mine is now $63 a month for 9 months and goes to $45 a month the other 3 months because of a winter discount they give for a grand total of $702 a year.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts