Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,349 Posts
I've never used Markel, but I've heard a lot of good things about them. Go to HD Forum and do a search, there's more information there.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had them on my last bike, never had any claims but the price was always good. This time around they were the cheapest and offered the most but I have a friend who does insurance and went with him instead but if they raise the price next year I will go back to Markel.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Consider Airvac.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Insurance renewal

After researching other ins. companies I went with Safeco. They were $640 to Insure a 2010 RG and a 2002 Dyna. Progressive wanted $1209 for the same coverage and I have been with them for 16 years. It good to check around

·
Registered
391 Posts
I am quite impressed with the quote I just for from Allstate. Combining house, cars and the Harleys is about $1300 a year less than using Travelers for house and auto and Progressive for the MC insurance. Travelers doesn't insure MC.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
We just transferred over to Markel a few weeks ago. They were the least expensive I could find. I found them from after reading some threads from my favorite website :D.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just re-upped mine with Geico. We went over everything and ended up dropping PIP. It is optional in Texas and only covers 2500.00 if injured. I have two bikes and I saved about 240.00 each bike. Both bikes 2014 Goldwing and 2015 RGS 510.00/year, full coverage, 1000 ded and big limits.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just got my 2015 RGS after trading my 2005 Electra Glide and my insurance jumped from around $65 a month to about $150 a month. Definitely need to look around. Have progressive now by the way.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Holy Shit! Where you from??

Yeah that.....

I got Progressive and pay $379.00 for TWO Road Glides.........................................PER YEAR:eek:

Full coverage on a 2008 and 2011 including 4K for accessories, and roadside assistance.

A little known secret for getting insurance through Progressive. DO NOT use a local agent to buy your insurance. Do it through the website. That way you aren't paying the agent's commission.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Yeah that.....

I got Progressive and pay $379.00 for TWO Road Glides.........................................PER YEAR:eek:

Full coverage on a 2008 and 2011 including 4K for accessories, and roadside assistance.

A little known secret for getting insurance through Progressive. DO NOT use a local agent to buy your insurance. Do it through the website. That way you aren't paying the agent's commission.
It's because you have the cool blue pearl.....

·
Registered
196 Posts
My mistake it is only $122 a month. Yeah looking at switching. Haven't had an accident in over 10 years or a ticket in over 3 so WTH. Checked Dairyland Insurance and they are 1/2 of progressive. Anyone have any experience with them. Down here I only have 3 options, Progressive, Geico, and Dairlyland. Have to check Geico yet.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
My mistake it is only $122 a month. Yeah looking at switching. Haven't had an accident in over 10 years or a ticket in over 3 so WTH. Checked Dairyland Insurance and they are 1/2 of progressive. Anyone have any experience with them. Down here I only have 3 options, Progressive, Geico, and Dairlyland. Have to check Geico yet.
I found about the same savings switching from Progressive to Dairyland. On my second year with them insuring 3 bikes but have not had any claims. Nothing bad to say about them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I found about the same savings switching from Progressive to Dairyland. On my second year with them insuring 3 bikes but have not had any claims. Nothing bad to say about them.
Thanks Triplej. Looks like I am going to definitely make the switch. Just wanna double check Geico even though I don't have much hope.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Whew....Sorry west coast riders..Here on the east coast, we have Rider Insurance Company.. My Road Glide costs me $185 a year with 12/40/20 coverages.... My 05 Road Glide and daughters 250 Ninja combined was $164 a year...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Whew....Sorry west coast riders..Here on the east coast, we have Rider Insurance Company.. My Road Glide costs me $185 a year with 12/40/20 coverages.... My 05 Road Glide and daughters 250 Ninja combined was $164 a year...
Rider is cheap ... but that is low coverage too.
I applied to check rates and found for a 250K / 500k policy my cost was $615.
No savings compared to many other insurance companies.
In today's real world, the coverage you have wouldn't pay for a hit to one new vehicle, much less other claims for liability.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Rider is cheap ... but that is low coverage too.
I applied to check rates and found for a 250K / 500k policy my cost was $615.
No savings compared to many other insurance companies.
In today's real world, the coverage you have wouldn't pay for a hit to one new vehicle, much less other claims for liability.
I know that prices differ depending where you live and your driving record, but Rider with maximum coverage (250/500 + 250/500 uninsured/under-insured) just cost me $317 / year.
That was about $200 less than Gieco...

I do agree that Mouser is going to be in big trouble if he ever (G-d forbid) gets taken down by someone without good coverage....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts