Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get insurance for the new 2011 FLTRX103 that is coming in later this month. Any suggestions on who has the best rates? So far the best that I have found is Progressive via HOG.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Safeco is very goood

·
Registered
931 Posts
Insurance rates vary greatly from state to state. No point in getting info unless it's from someone in your state.

Thats the best info. For Michigan I found Progressive thru HOG was the best, even if don't believe their political views.

·
Registered
931 Posts
How much is Motorcycle insurance in Michigan?

$657 for 12 mo. full coverage 100/300/100, $500 deduct, full value replacement for up to 4 yrs. I'm 35 with 1 speed ticket a year ago. the closest I could come was over $700 through other companies. The company ChainSaw suggested was a little $1200

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Massachusetts: $2251 for 12 mo. full coverage. :eek:
Bodily injury by uninsured: 100K/300K; Damage to someone else property: 100K; Optional body injury to others: 100K/300k; Bodily injury by under insured: 100K/300K, $300 deduct, full value replacement. Its full top coverage and expensive. I have a short riding season which cuts the total in half. Add in two cars to the mix and I am pushing over $5k for auto/bike insurance. Oh, by the way perfect driving record until... one small $1500 crease to my passenger side rocker in a parking lot leaving the drive up ATM. They deemed it more then 50% my fault back in 09. They tag $500 to the most expensive motor vehicle I own per year for six years. (more then the cost of the claim!) 4 more years to go.... The cities & towns charges $25 per thousand for excise tax per year. 6.25% sales tax before getting registration plates from the RMV. High cost of driving in MA!:D

·
Registered
931 Posts
:eek::eek::eek: is right! Mine almost doubled going from the 99 RG to the 11 RGU and I :eek:. Now I don't feel so bad. You almost need a second job just to pay for insurance!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Geico

Believe it or not.
I had always hear they were THE most expensive insurance carriers around but they done me right.
I had been paying $650.00/yr for liability only with Allstate on my 11yr old Kaw but now I pay $500/yr for full coverage on my 2011, HD, Road Glide.
My coverage sounds about the same as what you're getting.
I would get a quote from Progressive online and take that to Geico.

I make no promises, your experience may vary.
Maybe not though.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Massachusetts: $2251 for 12 mo. full coverage. :eek:
Bodily injury by uninsured: 100K/300K; Damage to someone else property: 100K; Optional body injury to others: 100K/300k; Bodily injury by under insured: 100K/300K, $300 deduct, full value replacement. Its full top coverage and expensive. I have a short riding season which cuts the total in half. Add in two cars to the mix and I am pushing over $5k for auto/bike insurance. Oh, by the way perfect driving record until... one small $1500 crease to my passenger side rocker in a parking lot leaving the drive up ATM. They deemed it more then 50% my fault back in 09. They tag $500 to the most expensive motor vehicle I own per year for six years. (more then the cost of the claim!) 4 more years to go.... The cities & towns charges $25 per thousand for excise tax per year. 6.25% sales tax before getting registration plates from the RMV. High cost of driving in MA!:D
That is absolutely outrageous. Those are super coverage numbers but thats alot of money to dish out for a premium:eek:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
@RALF75: Your right, I agree,,, I checked with another carrier and remains high. I have been riding under six years plus carry the max insurance .(Do on both my cars). Its better to have the coverage and not need it, then not to be covered and find attachment leans on your home if you are at fault. I take the RGU off the road for six months and strip the insurance due to being Winter. Insurance runs approx $1200 a season. Massachusetts has one of the highest insurance rates in the country. I live in the highest premium area within the state too. If I was to insure the Road Glide in New Hampshire, I bet it would be $600 a full year. I could lower the amount of insurance and save a few hundred.
The insurance premium will drop again (I hope) for 2012.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
still alil pricey though. when i was 19/20 years old i had built 5.0 mustang with a not so good driving record and wasnt paying that much for coverage.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Look up Markel insurance online.
Good rates and good service.

Sent from the Droid using Tapatalk
Thanks for the information! But as you read below, only a selected handful of insurance companies do business in Massachusetts. :mad:

Markel insurance
ZIP Code
Insurance program is not available for state MA
where unit is kept

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Look up Markel insurance online.
Good rates and good service.

Sent from the Droid using Tapatalk
I did look them up online to get a quote and ill need to contact them cuz they quoted me about a hundy less per year.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
If you have State Farm available in your state check with them. Assuming you have a good driving record and good credit score they should do you OK. I've been with them for 25+ years and I just laugh at what others pay for insurance.
BTW, I believe those that jump carriers every year are doing themselves a hug dis-service in most cases. If you never establish a record with any company you'll never get their best rates.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Believe it or not.
I had always hear they were THE most expensive insurance carriers around but they done me right.
I had been paying $650.00/yr for liability only with Allstate on my 11yr old Kaw but now I pay $500/yr for full coverage on my 2011, HD, Road Glide.
My coverage sounds about the same as what you're getting.
I would get a quote from Progressive online and take that to Geico.

I make no promises, your experience may vary.
Maybe not though.

Good luck.
I don't know if Geico is the rock bottom lowest or not, but their prices are good and I had the misfortune to discover that their service is excellent if you ever file a claim. Sometimes that part gets lost in the discussion.

·
Registered
137 Posts
In the Midwest here,Kansas. Had Progressive, switched to DAIRYLAND, 1/2 the price..2008 FLTR 100/300/50 $295.00 per yr..I damn sure ain't movin to Boston, yikes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts