Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going for outer fairing paint...while having it painted was going to paint the inter too...is it flat black or semi gloss black....thanks..

·
Registered
941 Posts
If you are painting the outer, why not have the inner painted as well??
Agree - paint it to match the outer (like mine), or some have chosen a neutral contrasting color for the inner fairing. I have not personally seen any contrasting other than picts.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Hammer-rite flat bkk (sp), scruff, hang it spray it, let dry above 65 degrees, then hit again, admire and install after a satin coat if you want is what i've done, covers off and separate looks best, make sure it looks wet when spraying, don't run it though. And don't huff to much either:eek: carry over to the inside edges sharply

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Inner fairings are NOT bare plastic, they have a low gloss paint coating on them.

Scuff with gray scotchbrite, clean with wax and grease remover, epoxy prime for best results then base/clear your favorite color.

I often wondered this. Thanks for the info Road Hawg.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'd love to have some stuff painted, but I picked the paint that apparently has to have gold and diamonds mixed in. At least that's how it's priced LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info...mine is an '03 ..it has faded over the years...the dealer said that it is not painted and you need to get a new one...i think simi gloss will do the trick..thanks

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I'd love to have some stuff painted, but I picked the paint that apparently has to have gold and diamonds mixed in. At least that's how it's priced LOL
Man ain't that the truth. Taking mine to the painter tomorrow, gonna have more in buying the paint then I am in the painter.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Thanks for all the info...mine is an '03 ..it has faded over the years...the dealer said that it is not painted and you need to get a new one...i think simi gloss will do the trick..thanks
Some dealers are so funny that way, of course he is going to tell you that ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts