Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to pull the trigger on a blue tooth head set have narrowed it to three. Scala rider g9 powerset, Scala ride g3 multiset, or the sena smh-10. My only question is regarding the G9. It says that you can connect via Bluetooth to an iPod, then goes on to say that rider and passenger cannot share music. Am I correct in assuming that the rider would be the only one to be able to listen? Seems to me for that kind of money you would. The smh-10 says you can as well as the q3. Just looking for some clarification on that issue. Any help would be great. BTW: what are your favorites?

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I can't answer you about the music, but I can tell you I have the Sena and love it, not to mention they just came out with new firmware update that is supposed to let it pair with other brands. I haven't tried the update, but I'm happy with everything else.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the G9. Rider and passenger cannot share the same Bluetooth music stream. Cardo just released the G9x that allows rider and passenger to share music.

·
Registered
242 Posts
One more thing - Sena has a new model coming out, too. Maybe SMH-20? It's on their website somewhere. Was supposed to release in November, I think, but isn't out yet. Looks like a good set of features.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can't help you with your first question on the G-9 but I love the Sena SMH-10 system. It has worked flawlessly for the year that I have had it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have the Sena and yes you can share music. My wife or son, depending who is riding with me, likes to listen to their own music so we don't share. It's just a matter of paring up the headset with your bluetooth device.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Received this email from Sena this morning,

Sena Released SMH10 Firmware Version 5.0

Sena Users,

Thank you for using Sena products.

We are pleased to announce the release of the version 5.0 firmware of the SMH10 with major enhancements in functions and features such as Universal Intercom and Advanced Noise Control™.

- Universal Intercom: You can have an intercom conversation with non-Sena Bluetooth headsets using the Universal Intercom™ function.

- Advanced Noise Control™: It is equipped with wind noise suppression and intelligent Noise Gate in the intercom to limit the interference of wind noise and background noise while riding.

- Sidetone: If this feature is enabled, you can hear what you are speaking during an intercom conversation or a phone call.

You can upgrade your firmware using the new Device Manager v1.4.4 for Windows and v1.9.4 for Mac users.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
"The Ball & Chain" and I are very happy with the Cardo Q3 Teamset, we share music all the time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies... I have been learning a lot over the last week. I had no idea there were so many choices, features and so on. Some seem way over complicated. So far seems that Sena is the most user friendly...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Done!

Decided to go with the Sena SMH-10. Picked them up from Eastern Performance. They arrived on Friday, went to the website and got the latest 5.0 update. Set them up with speed dial and turned on VOX. I had an appointment at the stealer to get my regulator looked, at perfect time to test out at least mine. I will say that they are remarkable. sound is way better than the old set I had and I used voice command functions on my phone to make calls and the speed dial works great too. ipod sounded pretty good considering the speaker size. They are plenty loud too. No need max out the volume. The only thing that I noticed is the mikes are very sensitive to noise and was kicking on the mike even with my helmet closed and shield down. I changed the setting to push button for intercom. no more random interruptions. Never even turned on the bikes stereo once. Ease of use it great two simple buttons pushed in certain combinations control everything. No need for six! Even got weather tested as I got soaked for the hour and half ride home never skipped a beat. I went to a local bike accessory shop and saw that they were selling them retail for 389.00..:eek:.OUCH! I picked these up on Ebay from eastern Performance with a best offer deal of 250.00 shipped. Hell of a deal. Earned my patronage for life...The best part is no more head slap to get my attention when she has a "squirrel" moment...If anyone is looking for a set I would strongly recommend these from Eastern Performance...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts