Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Ultra came with ports for Rider and Passenger intercom (cb?) connections, I was wondering of all of you guys out there that have them, how many of you actually use it? where did you get your headphones? are your intercom headphones attached to your helmets ?

as of right now I think i might prefer that i can't hear my girlfriend while riding >:)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yup - we use ours quite often. Though she gets a little bit irritated when she finds out that I've muted her. We use the HD headsets and have them attached to the full face helmets.

·
Registered
498 Posts
My ultra has it but I use bluetooth headsets that I had with my previous bikes. no cords, intercom buttons, i can talk on the phone and to other bikes that don't have cb.

I listed the premium headset that came with my bike in the for sale section. Let me know if you're interested

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
We use ours when traveling, use the factory headsets in 3/4 helmets. Not the latest and greatest technology, although now with the XM radio on the '15 the listening is much better since i don't have to chase stations all day.
We tried a set of Bluetooth headsets, for talking they worked fine, problem was you couldn't sync both headsets to the same music source, so you had to have 2 devices loaded up with songs and 2 devices to keep plugged in or charged etc, pain in the butt. I let the wife control what we're listening to, and if I don't like it I turn mine down.
She's really good about being quiet otherwise, usually never says anything unless gotta potty or eat.

·
Administrator
13,714 Posts
If you got the bike new from the dealer , they should have given you one headset with the bike . I use mine for listening to music and Bluetooth , never used intercom , and only rarely the CB ..

Nice to have ..

JtB

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you got the bike new from the dealer , they should have given you one headset with the bike . I use mine for listening to music and Bluetooth , never used intercom , and only rarely the CB ..

Nice to have ..

JtB

I got it used at the dealer so no headsets.

How difficult is a BT install on half helmets?

·
Registered
96 Posts
My 2013 Ultra came with ports for Rider and Passenger intercom (cb?) connections, I was wondering of all of you guys out there that have them, how many of you actually use it? where did you get your headphones? are your intercom headphones attached to your helmets ?

as of right now I think i might prefer that i can't hear my girlfriend while riding >:)

I haven't bought headsets for my Ultra yet but will fairly soon. I/we would use them when riding with groups (for CB use) or on long trips for ease of talking to each other. Music most times will be through the bike speakers so audio quality headsets isn't that important to me.

We had J&M headsets and a CB setup on my Road King. It was OK. Before that we used IMC helmetless headsets (but wore half helmets) on our Goldwing. For the price I liked them. We'll probably go that route again only we will get ones to mount in our 3/4 helmets.

·
Registered
81 Posts

The Sena headsets have full face and half helmet models, both easy to install.

BTW, I have a pair and have no problem streaming music to both units at the same time, no need for two different iPhones to stream one song.

I will say this, plug the iPhone or other music source into the USB line on the bike, don't bluetooth to the bike just to the headset. That arrangement seems to work the best.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The Sena headsets have full face and half helmet models, both easy to install.

BTW, I have a pair and have no problem streaming music to both units at the same time, no need for two different iPhones to stream one song.

I will say this, plug the iPhone or other music source into the USB line on the bike, don't bluetooth to the bike just to the headset. That arrangement seems to work the best.
Stock radio on my bike doesn't have a USB port, just a 3.5mm aux. input. :-(

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
We had J&M headsets and a CB setup on my Road King.
I added the intercom and CB to my '09 Road Glide. Love it.

I have used J&M headsets for years. I tried the Harley headset, but liked the J&M sets better. J&M uses the same headset for all brand bikes. You just buy different lower connector cords. It is even better if you have different brand bikes, or change bikes. All you need is a different bottom cord.

Search eBay and you can find headsets for sale used at a lower price than used.

Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.