Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
The Best

According to many on this site its not the best. So take it back and get the one you want. If is possible to take it back?

·
Registered
684 Posts
There are other tuner company luckely
Yes but they're convoluted kludgey hacks that involve extra cables and plugs that have to stay with the bike to operate. reflashing the ECM is cleaner, simpler, and less (moving parts) error prone.

I say fuck the EPA and their whiny shit ... Maybe they should try to come up with more realistic standards that don't cause half of the problems in the first place.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
They were forced to do so by the EPA and the US Justice Department. Fine was only $12 million.

Bigger questions is the Screaming Eagle kits.... Will that be affected also, or just tuners? Big Brother (and lawyers ;) ) at it again.

It will help promote other aftermarket companies :)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
it's BS like this that really reminds me of how much your vote truly does count! Do you more governmental regulation or less? It truly does matter which party you support. This is but another example of how big government over-regulates and kills industry!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
So like the Power Vision or TTS.
Neither of which have anything that has to stay on the bike after flashing the ECM.(some people just don't have a clue)

The Power Vision does however have a very nice and informative display that CAN be, but does not HAVE to, be left on the bike.
I'm an info hound so mine is always on the bike.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
All may not be lost so quickly:

Harley is also required to sell only devices that comply with Clean Air Act emission standards.

Sell the device but, Oops, leave a back door in the Software that allows it to do what we all want - If yee knows not about the back door when EPA Testing, all will be fine - If yee knows and can tune the way we like, spot on - If MoCo gets caught, "Pull a VW and fire the Engineers and blame it on them"

Look for the solution rather than focus on the problem

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Neither of which have anything that has to stay on the bike after flashing the ECM.(some people just don't have a clue)

The Power Vision does however have a very nice and informative display that CAN be, but does not HAVE to, be left on the bike.
I'm an info hound so mine is always on the bike.

Exactly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The EPA will be going after MasterTune and PowerVision eventually. A few years ago they even banned the propellant in asthma inhalers. Yeah I'm sure that was creating a huge hole in the atmosphere. If you recall a few months ago the EPA tried to make race vehicles pollution compliment, but that failed. If they can't go about it directly, just ban the parts individually and get the same outcome. They'll also get around to catless headers and companies that sell non-certified exhausts too, just give them time.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
it's BS like this that really reminds me of how much your vote truly does count! Do you more governmental regulation or less? It truly does matter which party you support. This is but another example of how big government over-regulates and kills industry!

There is a candidate who wants to cut back on EPA power, and what it's costing the economy. I'm not going to name HIM by name..... but his wife would be the best looking fist lady ever. :wink:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Spent the last few weeks researching tuners, and based mainly on a good HD tuner just 20 miles down the road I narrowed it down to the HD Pro Super Tuner. This article probably explains why HD's online store doesn't carry this product anymore. So it states "Harley-Davidson Inc. has agreed to stop selling, buy back and destroy aftermarket engine tuners". I guess for those who own them and wished they had gone a different route, it's their chance for redemption. So how does this play out for those who already have, like, and actually prefer to keep theirs? Will the Dyno tune with this device now be denied by HD if you own that device?
Guess I'll keep looking. Can someone explain the "convoluted, kludgey hacks with extra cables and plugs (like the Power Vision and TTS) comment? They're that bad??? I'm leaning towards the Power Vision. It's all overkill for my current needs, but I'd rather have the capability and not need it, than need it, not have it and have to buy again later.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Someone isn't aware of how those tuners work. Both the PV and the TTS are excellent tuners.
Neither of the above tuners are hacks. Hacks are items that are always connected to the ECM...

These would be the FuelPak and the Power Vision.

I'm NOT in any way saying any of the above are bad. They work, the issue is that IF one of the above fails, it will drop the tune, and quite possibly harm your ECM.

The other tuners, SE, ProSE, TTS, PV all re-program your ECM, and then disconnect.

-Gus

Above was my Opinion. I'm not a tuner, however I do own a TTS.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Neither of the above tuners are hacks. Hacks are items that are always connected to the ECM...

These would be the FuelPak and the Power Vision.

I'm NOT in any way saying any of the above are bad. They work, the issue is that IF one of the above fails, it will drop the tune, and quite possibly harm your ECM.

The other tuners, SE, ProSE, TTS, PV all re-program your ECM, and then disconnect.

-Gus

Above was my Opinion. I'm not a tuner, however I do own a TTS.
The Power Vision is absolutely not always connected to the ECM. My bike's running a PV tune. The PV itself is in my toolbox.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts