Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke one of the pins from the molex connector on the throttle side (white wire/ blue stripe). Does anyone know where I can buy a new pin?

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
You can get the pins from HD and supposedly GM as well. Up here in Canada they are 1.00 a piece.

You need a "special tool" to crimp the pins onto the wire. The tool is very expensive from Molex (150 +), I found a cheap knockoff at a computer supply store for less than 20.

·
Registered
830 Posts
plus 1 on the computer store.
they will probably have the molex pins and crimpers there also. you can also check for the pin removal tool to remove the pin for my housing. try looking on Performancepcs website. they have great service.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
I bought the pins from the local HD dealer, they were in stock, and was able to pull the old one out, connect and solder the new one with no special tool, then reinsert it with no problems, that's been almost 2 years, so I guess it works.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I was down to the last two pins and would have been able to put the bike back together.... Oops

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Local Harley had the pins - 59 cents each - part # 72169-07

Radio shack has crimpers - part # 276-1595 $10
Radio shack pin extractor - part # 2740223 $8 (didn't work after all, our molex pins are too long)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts