Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In an emergency when the battery cannot hold enough charge to crank the engine, a reliable portable starting and charging device can save the day. Take a look at this new jump starter by Torxe. But also, it’s good to be sure that your battery won’t let you down like this. Introducing the universal AGM factory-activated battery by Torxe. Get the fast-starting power you need, even in the coldest temperatures, along with exceptional reserve capacity to run accessories, all at an affordable price.

AGM batteries are more compact, spill-proof, and much more durable and reliable. They use Absorbed Glass Mat technology that ensures dependable, maintenance-free, vibration-resistant operation and long service life. Unlike a conventional battery with a liquid electrolyte, in the AGM battery, the electrolyte is absorbed within a fiberglass mat that is sandwiched between the lead plates. Click the link to find these products at MOTORCYCLEiD.com.

Torxe™ - 12V Battery Jump Starter

Specifications:
D/C Voltage: 12V
Battery Type: Lithium-ion

Features:
Powerful, lightweight lithium-ion battery technology
Spark-proof and reverse polarity protected jumper cables
Includes 12V car charging adapter and AC charging adapter
Jump starting/recharging cycle life: 1000 cycles
Two 5V 2A USB ports for charging cell phones/smartphones and other mobile devices
Cell phone/smartphone charging cable with adapters for all common mobile device charging ports
12V, 16V & 19V charging port for laptops, monitors, cameras, etc.
Includes charging cable & 8 charging port adapters to cover all brands and types of electronic equipment
Built-in LED flashlight with flashing mode on power bank
LCD display shows percentage of power and output voltage
Portable air compressor with integral pressure gauge
Compressor includes 20” power cord and 4.25” air hose for easy tire access
Compressor includes built-in LED flashlight
Includes inflation hose adapters for airing up sports equipment, camping gear, etc.
Compact, hard plastic carrying case with handle has separate compartments for power pack, compressor, and all accessories
Operating temperature range: -13ºF - 176ºF (-25ºC - 80ºC)
Warranty: 1 year

Torxe™ - AGM Factory Activated Battery

Features:
Advanced AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) technology
Maintenance free, never needs water or terminal cleaning
Low resistance for high current delivery on-demand and fast starting
Pure lead plates and large plate area provide high cold cranking amps and reserve capacity
Can be repeatedly charge/discharge cycled at up to 80% depth of discharge
Vibration resistant
Spill proof
Strong, durable plastic case

Click on the image to enter the product page at MOTORCYCLEiD.com.
To browse the full catalog of Torxe products, click the "Shop Now" button below:

Or use this link

Give our sales team a call at 888.903.4344 (Toll-Free) or 1.732.867.9995 (International) and we'll answer all your questions.​

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,207 Posts
I am definitely interested in this particular setup, but could not find it on their web page, how much? And is it compact enough to fit in a saddle bag? Thinking about getting this one before the trip to Shark Week
Product Input device Output device Font Gadget

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
No as far as batteries go, I could not find the cranking amps anywhere on that battery posted. I will say this the battery I have for my motorcycle is 880 cold cranking amps...
I've yet to see any motorcycle battery with that much cranking amps to date,
My battery also has a restart button just in case you leave your stereo on too long or you lights on too long, and the battery is drained, just simply hit the restart button, and you're good to go back up and riding again......with a rapid recharge time...
The kit that I'm interested in, would be more for people that I ride with, air compressor does appeal to me.....

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
I am definitely interested in this particular setup, but could not find it on their web page, how much? And is it compact enough to fit in a saddle bag? Thinking about getting this one before the trip to Shark Week
View attachment 444078
I have a small one in a pouch I normally have in the bottom of my saddlebag for traveling. Picked it up for about $30. No compressor though.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I think the one I want is $103 I'm just not sure if that's the kit.....

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
I think the one I want is $103 I'm just not sure if that's the kit.....
Unless you're running a tour pack, you probably don't want that big case taking up all that room in one bag. You can take the goodies out and lay them in the bottom of the bag to help save space.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No as far as batteries go, I could not find the cranking amps anywhere on that battery posted. I will say this the battery I have for my motorcycle is 880 cold cranking amps...
My battery also has a restart button just in case you leave your stereo on too long or you lights on too long, and the battery is drained, just simply hit the restart button, and you're good to go back up and riding again......with a rapid recharge time...
The kit that I'm interested in, would be more for people that I ride with, air compressor does appeal to me.....
The cranking Amps on this charger are not enough. You need at least 1000 or better yet 1200 IMHO.

·
Registered
2019 Twisted Cherry Road Glide Ultra
283 Posts
And what kind of battery are you using and where did you get it?
Is it lithium ion?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Please provide size. "Universal Fitment" doesn't cut it.

Summer is the hardest season on batteries.
No jumper will start a battery with a burned-out cell.
The fact that the compression releases work in conjunction with the starter circuit makes bump-starting impossible.

IMHO battery maintainers are a better investment...

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
And what kind of battery are you using and where did you get it?
Is it lithium ion?
Product Packaging and labeling Font Material property Carton

This is the battery that is in my motorcycle right now, if you look back a couple of months you'll find a video that I made showing the motorcycle starting rather quickly......
So in my humble opinion I would like to think that I am staying current with today's technology, hence the 880 amp lithium battery what do you have five hundred amps at best in your Harley?, hell I can let mine drain push a button and it starts right back up, rapid recharge is another, that's technology. And I embrace it

Dennis Kirk....... is where I bought my battery

·
Vendor
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please provide size. "Universal Fitment" doesn't cut it.
So, the jump starter itself is 160 x 75 x 35mm. I don't have access to the product, but judging from the picture, the dimensions of the kit are approximately 300 x 240 x 65mm (11.8 x 9.4 x 2.6in)

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
And your point is?
I challenge you to find a motorcycle battery for your Harley-Davidson that's above 700 amps. I challenge you to find another battery that can restart itself, the size of the battery, is very close to the same also it has four post two positives and two negatives so you can hook up your ignition to the front and hook up accessories like your stereo to the back. And yes it's lightweight and just because it's small it's more powerful it in anything you can put in your motorcycle I promise you that as well. Whe
n you sound like you do your homework, accept the challenge??? I didn't pay all that money because it was the most expensive battery I paid all that money because nothing compare to it any form shape or matter, technology that's why I bought this battery

·
Registered
Shark!
608 Posts
View attachment 444210

This is the battery that is in my motorcycle right now, if you look back a couple of months you'll find a video that I made showing the motorcycle starting rather quickly......
So in my humble opinion I would like to think that I am staying current with today's technology, hence the 880 amp lithium battery what do you have five hundred amps at best in your Harley?, hell I can let mine drain push a button and it starts right back up, rapid recharge is another, that's technology. And I embrace it

Dennis Kirk....... is where I bought my battery
This is the next battery I get for my bike…thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
MotorcycleiD
I'm definitely going to purchase this, how do I make sure that you get the credit or acknowledgement, thinks my money should go through you, or are you a Salesman for the company? As long as I go through ID we should be good?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts