Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you guys putting your transponders? I really only need it on occasional trips back to IL so I was thinking a magnetic tankbag with a map pocket?

·
Registered
19 Posts
In Washington there is a clear sticker that goes on your headlight. I would think Illinois would have the same thing

·
Registered
269 Posts
It'll read in the fairing box. Mine does.

Reactions: michaelgrudgings

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
In Illinois, I just register my plate on the iPass Site and associate it to my Transponder # so I never have to carry it - The Open Road Tolling snaps a pic of your plate if no iPass Signal is received when passing through, then it queries the Database and finds my Plate registered to my Transponder and deducts the fee.......easy peasy

·
Registered
210 Posts
In Illinois, I just register my plate on the iPass Site and associate it to my Transponder # so I never have to carry it - The Open Road Tolling snaps a pic of your plate if no iPass Signal is received when passing through, then it queries the Database and finds my Plate registered to my Transponder and deducts the fee.......easy peasy
We have gates in Ohio so it's a big pain in the ass when you're in the ez-pass lane and it doesn't read.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
I have mine mounted with velcro to the inside of the left side glove box door.
When I get to the ez pass lane I just open the door so it can be read.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I slapped a couple of ipass velcro pieces right on top of the inner fairing behind the windshield. I got sick of fumbling with the glove box doors to get it out eveytime I hit a toll.

·
Registered
214 Posts

X2

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'm grateful in Utah it's only for cars with driver only to pay to use the car pool lane. Bikes can use the car pool lane no toll. There is one private toll road I know of but I have never met someone who uses it.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
I had mine inside my fairing above the headlamp and on the leading edge of my left saddlebag lid. In both locations for a couple of years with no problems.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Any thoughts for the Texans on the site? That s%$#gets expensive down your way if you don't have one!

·
Registered
280 Posts
you only need to register your Plate number online with your transponder no need to have it with the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts