Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Will this Ipod work on this bike???
I used one before and it worked.
Now it works but the display on the bike says not to use this Ipod....

·
Registered
809 Posts
Will this Ipod work on this bike???
I used one before and it worked.
Now it works but the display on the bike says not to use this Ipod....
It might work but, if it has a hard drive for storage like the other classics, when you hit a decent bump it will lock up on you.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Why does it come up saying that it will not work when it does work???
They probably have a deal with apple. That way apple sells more replacements for the classic iPod. I've used both a classic and my iPhone and both work just fine.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
629 Posts
The device will work, but it may not last long. The hard drive in ipod classics is not particularly impact resistant, and will likely conk out at some point. You can certainly use the device, but know that you are taking a chance on needing to replace it at some point. Could be in a week, could be in two years. Depends how lucky you are.
Ian

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I bought a 16GB Nano (6th Gen) just for the bike, it has been fine for a few years now. Maybe find one on eBay cheap? :)

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Why does it come up saying that it will not work when it does work???
if you read the manual that came with the ipod controller, it tells you that it was designed with the nano in mind. other ipods *may* work, but if you have any problems, they'll tell you that you're using an unsupported device.

my wife uses her iphone with hers. needs the 30 pin to lightning adapter, but it works fine. she likes to stream pandora.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts