Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between the biketronics and the HD unit.

HD is quite pricey! Would like to cut the cost, but what are the limitations of the biketronic unit.

Haven't yet gotten the Zumo gps, but that's on the list in the future. Does the aftermarket play nice with the Zumo?

Beavz

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
I wasnt aware Biketronics made one. You arent talking about their retro radio control module kits are ya? That just gives you the ability to use your handlebar controls with an aftermarket radio.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx pilot.

I assumed they had to be "inter connected" if the GPS shuts the music down to speak directions...

Beavz

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thx pilot.

I assumed they had to be "inter connected" if the GPS shuts the music down to speak directions...

Beavz
The Navigation Interface Module (NIM) lowers the volume of what you are listening to on the radio, lets you hear the turn prompt, and then returns the radio back to the function you were listening to before the turn prompt.
There are problems with the NIM activating when there is no turn prompt. When this happens the only way to return the radio back to the function it was on is to turn the bike off and then back on this resets the NIM.
The NIM interfaces the radio to the GPS. You must have the Harley Road Teck 660 or 665 GPS for the NIM to work it will not work with the Garmin Zumo 660 or 665.

Jim

[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts