Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hd ipod interface that I was using when I had a iPhone.but now I got a Samsung note 4 and was wondering do they make an adapter were u can plug a female end to the interface cable to a micro usb so you can listen to music off any smartphone.i knoe I can plug it into the 3.5 jack on the radio and also I can still use my old iPhone but my new phone I can store a lot more music then I can on my iPhone.but the whole reason for this is I was wondering can you still use the controls as you would on the iphone

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would say that what you want to do is not possible. I am also a Samsung user and will never go Apple. You will need to deal with the audio cable and no handlebar controls or upgrade the head unit to a model with Bluetooth and that can be adapted to your handlebar controls. I went the Jensen route and it was a very simple clean install and the controls work great for my Samsung phone.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I can't even find an adapter for the new I phone cable. I can get one that will charge and play but no hand controls.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I can't even find an adapter for the new I phone cable. I can get one that will charge and play but no hand controls.

The Apple 30-pin(iPhone 4) to Lightning (iPhone 5 and up) will work on the HD version iPod interface module. It will charge and allows your thumb controls to work.

As far as 30-pin to whatever Samsung uses( mini usb I think), not sure there's an adapter that will work on the iPod interface module.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
939 Posts
I did not try the apple addapter because it costs like $50. I tried one of the cheap ones. Now that I know it works I may give it a try but I have been thinking of going to an aftermarket radio.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I did not try the apple addapter because it costs like $50. I tried one of the cheap ones. Now that I know it works I may give it a try but I have been thinking of going to an aftermarket radio.

Aftermarket is probably the best route. I eventually changed mine out with an Alpine head unit(149bt) which supports Bluetooth, siriusxm, rear mounted aux, and usb. And it just sounds better and has more tuning options with my amps.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts