Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the best choice is for those of you that have either the Harley Version or the HDPDPlus. Have you had any issues? Where did you mount your cable? Any issues with wiring up?

·
Registered
967 Posts
HD set up extended cable to tourpack installation the only issues is the side clip that locks into the iTouch or phone plug may disconnect the left side. Found where to set the device so don't bounce disconnecting the cable all good. Replaced twice under warranty although I did all the installation on my RGC.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I have the HDPDplusII. I ran the cable thru the backbone under the tank alongside the wire harness and thru to the left bag. I drilled a hole and ran the rubber grommet the saddlebag kit comes with. I then bought a cheap used ipod nano 8gb for $25.00. It said it was partially damaged, but upon receival i found out is wasn't but did have some cosmetic love. Anyways, I loaded my songs and when I get new songs I update it and it hasn't skipped a beat in over a year that I've had it.

Installation was easy enough and cost a lot less than the HD ipod interface option.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
For those that have installed either iPod interface, do you find the volume is lower compared to playing a CD or radio with the volume at the same setting?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I bought the HD iPod interface last year and mounted it in my left glove box. Used it about 4 or five times and found that the cable would disconnect due to vibration- the locking pins on the cable end do not engage anymore (HD wants $130 for a new cable). When it does work, the controls are not very user friendly. One mistake with the controls and the phone will revert back to the first song in your library in alphabetical order. What a PITA. This also caused a distraction while I dicked around with the controls while driving.
I was just playing with it yesterday, trying to figure a way to keep the cable secured into the phone's port. For 30 bucks I picked up a bluetooth receiver made by Alureitech, plugged it into the aux port and it works fine. I may just use that from now on. I have enough aggravation in my life.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have the Harley version and ran the cable to the right glove box. There were no installation problems; but, I would like to find a shorter cable that connects the module to the Ipod than the one supplied with the kit.

tj

·
Registered
769 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have the HDPDPlus and use a x-grip mounted on bars to hold IPhone Only had a problem one time in which the IPhone said it was not a compatible device. Rebooted the phone & never seen the problem again.

Installation is a breeze

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
'Have the Harley iPod interface, cable in the glove box, works fine, no issues, as far as I can tell the volume / sound quality is the same (maybe it's how the music is in iTunes?).

Might be for sale, PM if interested...

·
Registered
639 Posts
HDPD plus - ran mine to the right fairing compartment and did the glove box lock mod. I think next time I have my fairing off I'm going to modify the wiring to add it to the main radio harness instead of the bulky connector it comes with. Trying to get rid of some of the bulk so the fairing fits better

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone used the new Bluetooth iPod setup that Ironcross installs?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Installed a HK radio with that mod last week.
Have not really had time to ride it, but works great in the shop.
Really like the fact that the phone automatically reconnects when I start the bike. And not just for iPhones...works with any Bluetooth steaming audio device.

The HD ipod interface I installed had a low audio issue.
From the research i did, not to uncommon.
The HDPDPLUS has a better audio level.

·
Banned
845 Posts
I actually bought the Harley version of the iPod interface and installed it two days ago the volume level coming out while it was using the iPod was extremely low and I could never get it corrected I tried two separate occasions making sure everything is connected right still no luck so I said screw it I'm going with an aftermarket unit and I'm taking this one back to the dealership today. Will have my stock HK radio for sell here in a few days along with the CB module off of an ultra

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't have a proper interface yet, so I've been plugging my iPhone into the auxiliary jack. Other than the fact that I can't control the playlists, I've had no issues at all. In fact, I can hear the music at 70 MPH while wearing my full face modular.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts