Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help on how to erase and download music on the apple ipod that came stock on the 2013 CVO Road Glide - please note that I am not very good on the computer and have no experience what so ever with ipods - so if someone could please explain in detail how to do this I would really appreciate it - thanks

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have one and I could only manage my music on it after downloading Itunes on my pc. It's still more trouble than it should be. If you're not computer savvy, you might try to find someone who is.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I got rid of my iPods years ago. Apple is very proprietary and really only works with apple software and programs. You need to download iTunes on your computer and link the iPod to that account. If the iPod is a used devise and you connect it to a different account you my delete everything and you'll need to re-download all the songs. My opinion is if you have a Android smartphone (non apple phone) then I think you'll be much better off storing songs on that and using it as your mp3 player. I did exactly that and I'm much happier

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i don't care for iTunes. in theory, sounds simple enough, but i always seem to end up losing stuff that i didn't want to lose (not permanently, always have a backup). but, for a while, i was using media monkey. it allows you to use your iPod like a flash storage device and you can upload/edit your music without having to use iTunes.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hi 89FXRS; if I'm not sadly mistaking the 2013 CVO Toruring line-up had an «iPod Nano» located in the left saddlebag. I don't want to come across as a smart-a$$ so bare with me. Now, as already mentioned by others all Apple-products are a mixed blessing. I don't know why MoCo chose iPod in the first place but that's another story.

First off you need a program called «iTunes» from Apple; make sure that you got the version that is suited for your PC-operating system i.e. Windows-8 or -10 etc. After installation you need a wire (a white colored cable that is combined charger/USB) to connect your iPod to your PC. A lot of people know that iTunes is a program for downloading music from the Apple media online-store. But it also a program for reprogramming and format the data-storage. In other words if your iPod takes a "nose-dive" the iTunes-program can actually recover your media-files (both audio and video). Worst case scenario: you must do a complete installation - iTunes is what you need.

After innstalling iTunes you must also create an account if you don't already have one. Keep in mind that if someone else installed all your media-files for you, i.e. your buddy made your playlists on his computer, then that same account must be used.

Okay, you have iTunes up and running and your personal account. Then it's time to load some music. You don't have to spend money and buy tunes from the Apple-store. If you have already have a media-library on your computer you can "load" those to your iPod. You can use Windows media-programs to "rip" tracks from your favorite CDs, but those mp-tracks must be copied to the iTunes-library. Just let iTunes search for the files and then choose sync to copy those files to your iPod Nano.

If you haveany questions or comments, just let me know!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I use an old iPhone 7 Plus have close to 3900 mp3’s And have no issues but you need the account and the computer. BUT remember keep your music in a seperate location/ directory on your computer just Incase iTunes*Doesn’t help or save the or retrieve them if something happens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts