Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. Plugged my IPOD into the USB but the message I got was that the system did not support that early version of IPOD. Now what do I do?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
IPods won't work with CarPlay so it's not gonna play/work with the GTS system. Even if you are not using CarPlay on your radio. Use a USB stick or your phone.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Well, it might not work with the Harley version of Car Play, but Ipods will work with other vehicles with car play.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203412
Available on select cars, CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your iPhone in the car. CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and puts them right on your car’s built-in display.
In the very first line on the page you linked. They don't work. Only iPhones work with CarPlay

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just throw em on a thumb drive. My ipod crapped out earlier this year and I been using a thumb drive ever since with no fuss.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess I need to learn how to get the music from my old IPOD and put it on a thumb drive - any advice on the easiest way to do this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Guess I need to learn how to get the music from my old IPOD and put it on a thumb drive - any advice on the easiest way to do this would be appreciated.

The same way you would burn it to of CD off iTunes. Just google moving music to a thumb drive from iTunes. You find walk throughs. It’s pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the same problem when I got my 19 RGU. I use a USB drive now. Since my music was already on a hard drive, I just plugged in the USB, then drag and drop. It was that easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts