Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 RG. I was thinking of adding an ipod shuffle to my bike but read on here that the shuffle wouldn't work on some of the newer bikes. just wondered if anyone has done this or if I need to go with something like the Nano.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
how were you planning on adding it to your bike? if you were just planning on running a cable from the headphone jack to the aux in on the radio then no problem. if you were planning on the ipod adapter then there is 2 reasons why that won't work. first, the adapter won't fit the bike, and second, the ipod has to have the 30 pin apple plug (nano, etc) or use the lightning adapter.

the reality is you're gonna get better sound if you wear the earbuds with the shuffle. just don't turn it up so loud that you drown out everything else.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I swapped out the HU, now my ipod fits inside the HU and I can control it from the handlebar controls. Just thought I'd throw that option out there for ya.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I put a 1" square of velcro on the back of my nano and and on the part of the speedo nacelle that covers the handle bar mount. Worked well for me. With it plugged in the aux jack I could here it no problem and even able to plug the charger in when needed.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts