Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, let me say customer service at Iron Aces is great. Lindsey took care of me - answering questions about what I needed, getting my mount out to me quickly, and following up to make sure the product had arrived.

As for the product itself - well made, with very detailed instructions for installation, and everything needed for a clean install.

The one thing I was concerned about in going with an Iron Aces mount for my Zumo 665 was I wasn't sure how much the mount would block my view of the radio. I had trouble getting this question answered from the pics I found on the interweb. So here's a pic of what I see of the GPS and the radio from my riding position. I'm 5'9", BTW. Couldn't be more pleased with the result.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks for the picture. I have been thinking of getting one of other mounts but wondered the same thing

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
47 Posts
Another thanks for the pic.

I ordered mine last week, currently on it's way to me. It's a good looking setup and look forward in getting mine setup also.

Also, IA processed my order super-fast. I received a tracking number less than a hour I clicked Finalized Order.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Excellent customer service - received timely email follow-ups and a post card once it had been delivered ... many businesses could learn from them!

·
Registered
159 Posts
By far the cleanest GPS mount available. Ditto on IA customer service! Here's my set-up

ImageUploadedByMO Free1391690611.320964.jpg

·
Registered
852 Posts
From all the pics I have looked at it appears that the GPS is positioned in a "layed back position". My concern is glare from the sun making it hard to see. Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
627 Posts
From all the pics I have looked at it appears that the GPS is positioned in a "layed back position". My concern is glare from the sun making it hard to see. Anyone have any input?
@BigWaterJim....that is an excellent question and a concern that a lot of folks have about using our Mount. We have designed the Mount to be at the same angle as the speedo / tach so any glare that you might experience on these two gauges should be similar to what you might see on whichever device you use with our Mount.

With that, there are several factors that will ultimately determine how much glare you may or may not get such as rider height in the saddle, how close you sit to the gauges in the saddle, etc. so as you can see it's really difficult to say, 'yes you will get a lot of glare' or 'no you won't get any glare' because it differs from rider to rider.

For those folks that do experience glare that may be bothersome while riding, we suggest getting a clear plastic screen protector for the device you use as this will significantly reduce or completely eliminate the glare.

Hopefully this helps ease some of your concerns but if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out to me direct at lindsey @ ironacesspeedshop.com (no spaces before / after the @ symbol...trying to eliminate spam by entering it that way on this public forum lol).

Lindsey :0)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great product !!

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
yes, I got glare and yes it made it very hard to see.

the iron aces mount aimed the screen over my head and towards the sky. it's not really the sun per se that gave me problems, it was the light colored reflection of the sky on the screen that caused the "glare".

you could get creative with spacers and washers or maybe add a ball type mount to it to give you some adjustability to point the screen down.

I tried the iron aces mount since I already had it installed for my phone and didn't like the position. way to much sky glare and just to far away. I then put it on my handle bars so I could point it towards my chest instead of the sky and that made the glare insignificant and the unit much easier to use.

the iron aces mount is still a very nice add-on. I really wanted it to work because it is a much cleaner look.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Maybe they will see this thread and adjust or make a different mount. For $100 & drilling holes into my bike I want it to work. Ram mount on the bars it is for now

·
Registered
137 Posts
Any pics of the power vision at riding position height? I am going to go with the power vision and it looks larger than most phones or gps units. Wondered if it blocked the stereo or gauges. Thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
Any pics of the power vision at riding position height? I am going to go with the power vision and it looks larger than most phones or gps units. Wondered if it blocked the stereo or gauges. Thanks
First, thank you for your interest in our Road Glide Mount. Below is really the only photo that we have of the Power Vision on the Mount.

With that, it is important to note that there are several factors that will ultimately determine how much (if any) of the stereo or gauges will be blocked when using our Mount with the Power Vision (or any devise for that matter) and these factors are different from rider to rider. These factors include 1) how far forward in the saddle you sit 2) torso height 3) how high you sit in the saddle. Since each of these is different for each rider, it's difficult to say exactly how much of the gauges or stereo would be blocked, if any at all.

Hopefully this helps but if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I may be reached by phone at (704) 255-1780 x1 and my personal email address is lindsey @ ironacesspeedshop.com (no spaces before / after the @ symbol).

·
Registered
627 Posts
yes, I got glare and yes it made it very hard to see.

the iron aces mount aimed the screen over my head and towards the sky. it's not really the sun per se that gave me problems, it was the light colored reflection of the sky on the screen that caused the "glare".

you could get creative with spacers and washers or maybe add a ball type mount to it to give you some adjustability to point the screen down.

I tried the iron aces mount since I already had it installed for my phone and didn't like the position. way to much sky glare and just to far away. I then put it on my handle bars so I could point it towards my chest instead of the sky and that made the glare insignificant and the unit much easier to use.

the iron aces mount is still a very nice add-on. I really wanted it to work because it is a much cleaner look.
Thanks for your feedback regarding the glare you have experienced when using our Road Glide Mount. You may have already tried this but one thing that we've heard folks who experience glare issues doing is getting a clear, static-cling screen protector for their particular device. The feedback we have received from those who have done this is that it completely eliminates the glare.

Also, as you have mentioned, another option is to use the included spacers / washers in the hardware packet to position the device at a different angle.

Take care~

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts

The Power vision actually has a small outline and doesn't block anything.

This is what it looks like going down the road. As you can see, the radio, and gauges are not blocked.

Also, as you have mentioned, another option is to use the included spacers / washers in the hardware packet to position the device at a different angle.

Take care~

Here's what Lindsey was talking about by using the spacers. The combination of spacers shown pretty much has the GPS pointing right at the rider.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I am going to do the Iron Aces Mount as soon as I get back from Daytona and have my painted inner done. Didn't know that it was adjustable with spacers.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Because of the glare from my (automotive) GPS unit, I moved it back to the bars.

I am considering moving it back to the Iron Aces mount using Ram products in an attempt to reduce the glare.

I am still pleased with the mount and second the fact that their customer service is great!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I tried the Iron Aces mount with my Zumo 550. First off it's a quality piece and the customer service is top notch.
I did run into two problems which eventually made me remove the Zumo from the mount, even though the mount is still there. One was the glare, especially mid day. Couldn't see a thing. The second was it continually pulled my nacelle apart. It was on the bike for about 4000 miles and the longer it was on the more it pulled it apart at the back. Maybe it was the weight of the 550 and the shaking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts