Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I'm hurting just thinking about it!

My days of long rides like an iron butt are long gone the spirit is more than willing but the flesh is week. I drove NY to IB CA in three days (long days) wanted to do an all states ride until someone took me out on my ride. Now it's just a dream. might get a trailer and ride as much as I can and have the wife drive it and when I can't I'd trailer it but that kind of take the joy out of it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've had several unofficial 1000 plus rides. The last one was last year with the HOG club. We went from Billings, MT to Yaak, MT. 1200 miles in 21 hours and never left the state. I did send in all the info to IBA but have not heard a thing back. They say it takes awhile because they are all volunteers. But who cares because it all about the ride!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have done a few.

In 2005 I did the Three Flags 2500 miles in 4 days. We did 2500 miles down in 5 days. On the way back, first 3 days averaged about 500-600 miles. The last day was 820 miles.

Three years ago I did a 1070 mile Saddle Sore, Calgary to Butte Montana and home in 18 hrs. Could have done it again the next day.

This year returning from Sturgis I rode from Deadwood to Calgary. 850 miles in 14 hours.

Three Flags was with a buddy, the other 2 were solo, just me and the machine and the scenery.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I have jacket liner and gloves now and they are priceless!
The gloves are great. I bought the ones that plug in to the sleeves of my jacket. Found out the hard way, they are on two separate circuits, and I didn't have the "Y" cable to run em both at the same time. The last 5 hours of the ride were in the 40's and raining. I'd ride till I was shivering, pull over and plug in the jacket. Ride till my hands were numb, pull over, and plug in the gloves......What a dumbazz! I now have the Y cable!:)

Jeff

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have completed the 1500 in 36hrs, Denver to Vegas and Back and also the 1000 in 24hrs where we never left Colorado. My father and I are shooting for the mexico to Canada this year.

·
Super Moderator
2,890 Posts
I'm IBA Member 22419. I've done 3 SS1K. This summer I'm doing an SS2K. DOOFUS
Good luck with that! If I succeed in completing the Guts and Glory ride, I guess I will be able to apply for five or so consecutive Bun Burners. I'm not sure if any of the legs are more than 1000 in a day, but for sure we'll do over 1500 over any two day period. The only problem might be the cumulative weight of all the receipts.:eek: Heck, while I'm at it, maybe do two or three Saddle Sores on the way home.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Most in one 24 hr period on the Road glide - about 750 miles. easy as pie, coming home from Destin, Fl

First IBA SS1K - back in 03, 1070 miles from Prestonsburg, Ky to StLouis and back. Watched a baseball game at Bush. Did it on a Suzuki Hayabusa.

Did 1996 miles in one weekend (4 days with a rest day) tagged Ky, Va, Tn, NC, SC, Ga, Al, Fl, (back to Al) Ms and La in 18 hours. Took a rest day in NOLA and then 2 days to get home easy. The south east in 18 hours ;-). That was on the Busa too.

DNF'd a LD rally in 2005. Pikeville Ky to York, Pa to goto the start. Left York at noon on Friday, turned around on the western side of Little Rock, Ar at 2pm Saturday and headed back. Had to bail out on the way in Ky (home). I had a speedo fail and was out of the rally anyway. This was on a Triumph Trophy.

Also did Prestonsburg, Ky to Wichita, Ks. and back about 50 hours. (another just short of 2k). Again, on the Triumph.

Chomping at the bit to do IBA rides on the Road Glide. Hope to do another SS1k this year and a BBG later.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did 981 miles in 06 on the way to sturgis. A group of us left Shreveport, LA at 3:30am with full intentions on staying in South Dakota that night, when we got into South Dakota we started looking for a place to stay. Found a motel and parked the bikes for the night. None of us even looked at the mileage until the next morning. We all said if we would have known how close we were to the thousand mile mark we would have kept going, oh well.
Did 880 miles the final day of that same trip.

·
Registered
559 Posts
5436 in 7 days is the most for me,ive done sturgis straight thru several times about 850,three times on my old shovel,no more for me i dont need to kill myself anymore.now days about 600,but my wife has her own bike i dont want to push her.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Haven't done one on my RG yet (though I need to go to my cousin's retirement in Reno next weekend... 1000k miles from Colorad Springs... but the weather is dicey this time of year, so I haven't decided if I'm riding yet)

on my Gl1800 I did several rides:

Several SS1ks (including one with my 9 year old daughter, who was thrilled to be an Iron Butt like her dad!!)

BBG 1500,

100CCC (cost-to-coast-to-coast in under 100 hours - San Diego - Jacksonville- San Diego)

B2B2B Insanity Gold (Canada-Mexico-Canada in under 50 hours - 2951 miles)

And then a combined 10/10ths (10K miles in 10 days) and 48++ (The lower 48, Mexico, through Canada to Alaska in under 10 days. A 10,300 mile trip. :D

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Biloxi to Chicago

In 1967 I was 19, and in the Air Force; I rode my 1965 Norton 750 from the airbase in Biloxi MS to Chicago (~900 miles). I had orders to Vietnam and was on 3 weeks of leave. I was going to ride through the country some but decided to just head home. Stayed over nite in Memphis and then headed to Chicago. Got about 15 miles from Chicago and my stator (I think) burned up and I didn't have any lights and a cop pulled me over. I had to call my mother to get a trailer and come get me. Once I got home, and a good thing I did, my orders had changed and I was to fly to Vietnam within the next two days. I would have been in serious trouble had I ridden around the country (but wouldn't have gotten too far with a bad stator anyway). :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Better git on the hammer :D

done quite a few close to and prolly over 1k days , but never for a certificate
I was very close to rolling the dice and riding... glad I didn't, since it snowed 2 of the 3 days I was there!

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did a SS1k from Huntsville AL to Minden LA and back. Looking to do a Bunburner gold so I can do a 100 CCC. I didnt know it but you have to do a BBG to qualify for a 100 ccc.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Did a SS1k from Huntsville AL to Minden LA and back. Looking to do a Bunburner gold so I can do a 100 CCC. I didnt know it but you have to do a BBG to qualify for a 100 ccc.
Very interesting. I always thought the 100CCC only required a SS1k as a pre-requesite. I checked the website and it references in the rules the 100CCC Gold. The Gold, to my understanding was a different ride than the std 100CCC. Originally, I believed the Gold was for a distance greater than Jax-SD, though I have seen where the distance required for Gold would be the equivalent of NYC-SF. I have posted a question for Ira on the IBA forum to see if I can get some clarification on the issue of pre-requesites for the 100CCC.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts