1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/contact.html

sorry, didn't know where this thread belonged, so I placed it here in
the audio section.

has anyone ever dealt with this company. I've heard good things, but not from anyone direct in this forum.

i'm curious, do they do install work on location, or strictly a mail out order service. they're only 20 minutes away if the price is right, i'd ask them to do it .

any first hand info would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Only dealt with them over the phone. Ordered the ipod interface a year ago. Been very happy with it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear nothing but good things, I called twice both times got an answering machine, ill wait for the call back. im just wondering if they take ride in service and me sit there and wait for it to get done. ipod interface, led lights on my gauges. just wonderin.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I do not know about drive-up service, but since they are so close to you, I would stop in. I used them for a repair, as my H&K display would disappear at times. They repaired the display and reflashed the head unit to the latest version. No problems. I highly recommend them.

*** Just checked their website. It says "Walk-ins by appointment only"**

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not know about drive-up service, but since they are so close to you, I would stop in. I used them for a repair, as my H&K display would disappear at times. They repaired the display and reflashed the head unit to the latest version. No problems. I highly recommend them.

*** Just checked their website. It says "Walk-ins by appointment only"**
I swear I didn't see that lol.. let me look again

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I've asked them in the past that instead of me sending the my radio to them why don't I just bring it to them, not even have them remove it just have them do the work and done. Their answer to me was it costs more for me to drive out there and back then it is to ship it and wait a day or so. To a degree they are right but I would want it right away on the other hand if you live that close to them I would remove the radio yourself and just bring it to them. I don't think they lend their expertise to removing radios but just working on electronics. So I removed sent it out had the work done and had the radio back in 2 days. I'm happy with the work and I'm having some problems. With the radio not related to them and the dealership is sending it out to them for repair so I'll have them do the slew of add ons they typically do like the aux port I'm back, iPod cable, and I don't know what else they do.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
A few months back, I sent them a HK for f/r preamp outs, rear aux, and switched headphone jack.

Excellent work, quick turnaround, great customer service, & a fair price.

What else is there??

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was gonna ask them to do my gauges, and my radio in blue, plus do the ipod install, and the amp rca connection jacks.

Maria called me back, sweet woman, really nice to speak to.. they take walk ins, but only for radio repairs, you drop it off and they prepare the paper work for you .

she also told me that they have fast turn arounds because they have core radios in stock already and they simply swap out the components for faster turn service
based on your requests.

sorry to say they don't have an in house service shop to do the work on site. everything is through shipping.

ohh well back to the drawing board...

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
The lights on the radio and gauges you get from Marty (need to research his info on here) which does an awesome job from my and a lot of personal experiences here in the forum.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That's what I thought. They are super close to me too... But only do radio repairs... Not on the bike

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was gonna ask them to do my gauges, and my radio in blue, plus do the ipod install, and the amp rca connection jacks.

Maria called me back, sweet woman, really nice to speak to.. they take walk ins, but only for radio repairs, you drop it off and they prepare the paper work for you .

she also told me that they have fast turn arounds because they have core radios in stock already and they simply swap out the components for faster turn service
based on your requests.

sorry to say they don't have an in house service shop to do the work on site. everything is through shipping.

ohh well back to the drawing board...
Check your info.
ICA does not exchange units, they fix yours. Exchanging is the Harley system and the cause of too many multiple failures.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Check your info.
ICA does not exchange units, they fix yours. Exchanging is the Harley system and the cause of too many multiple failures.
on their site, they have core exchanges for radios..

whats to check, you have a problem with your radio, you buy theirs, send them your core in exchange.

according to her ( lips to my ears ) they have a fast turn around cause of the cores. they have radios in stock ready to go.

maybe she was referring to radio repair, in the event of water damage or something like that, but she didn't say that. all I can do is go with what she said.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The lights on the radio and gauges you get from Marty (need to research his info on here) which does an awesome job from my and a lot of personal experiences here in the forum.
Marty ? I don't know Marty. AC can ya send me his info, I looked up the guage mod site, he is now doing gauges only and referring the radio jobs to iron cross in a partner ship venture.

I much rather have one place, 1 person do the entire job.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Marty ? I don't know Marty. AC can ya send me his info, I looked up the guage mod site, he is now doing gauges only and referring the radio jobs to iron cross in a partner ship venture.

If you use Marty for your radio, check and see if he's doing the buttons along with the screen. seen a few of his mods...buttons were still red

·
Registered
546 Posts

Marty is a private guy that does gauge color changes as a side job. He did my speedo and tach. The other 4 gauges you just buy LED replacements for the 194 bulbs. When I had Marty do my speedo and tach, he was not doing the radios, he may be doing them now. If so, he is definitely top notch.

I also had Iron Cross do my radio color change. It was pretty quick and they were nice to deal with. From what I understand, they are the only authorized shop in the US to work on the HK units. I was a little weary about their short warranty period for changing the LEDs, but it's been three years now and no issues.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts