Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
And they did the same thing there too.......tried to sell "Kutter" after they changed the name and Ozzie (owns 15 + Dealers already) was blocked from buying it.....they were going to use the proceeds to pay off the bad debt and start fresh in New Berlin - For the life of me I cannot think of the name of the their small shop they had West of Janesville - My Buddy broke down over there and had it towed to that shop....and we had to go to Kutter to get him a rental.....which was the sister shop of where we towed his bike to

https://www.wclo.com/2019/04/15/boardtracker-harley-davidson-janesville-closed-owners-sell-dealership-lawsuit/

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the same owner as Broadtracker, correct?
It was. Well is. I had thought the owners of Wisconsin had bought Iron Town. According to the article, the owners of WI HD were just "managing" it. But something with financing fell through, guessing because of the huge debt the owners of IT and Boardtracker and fraud charges.

Hopefully it gets sorted out soon. Feel bad for the employee s and customers that had dropped off their bikes for service.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
And they did the same thing there too.......tried to sell "Kutter" after they changed the name and Ozzie (owns 15 + Dealers already) was blocked from buying it.....they were going to use the proceeds to pay off the bad debt and start fresh in New Berlin - For the life of me I cannot think of the name of the their small shop they had West of Janesville - My Buddy broke down over there and had it towed to that shop....and we had to go to Kutter to get him a rental.....which was the sister shop of where we towed his bike to

https://www.wclo.com/2019/04/15/boardtracker-harley-davidson-janesville-closed-owners-sell-dealership-lawsuit/
If my memory is right, it was Swiss Valley HD in Monroe Wi.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The MoCo is just protecting assets. Rather than let them bring new owners (other creditors), the MoCo has decided to prevent the asset from being sold down.

As it is, they'll never get all of their money back. But they'll get some, and have two franchises to sell. There will also be the satisfaction of seeing some crooks go to jail.

As easy as it is to go bankrupt in this country, and then run the business until it recovers, ya have to wonder what these people were thinking. Or perhaps the question should be, just exactly where did they get their start up money from. Street money is bad, but if it was a laundry operation, then people could get dead over it.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
If my memory is right, it was Swiss Valley HD in Monroe Wi.
I believe you are correct - Small Shop...like REAL Small.....MAYYYYYVE >10 bikes on the floor - It was where they had that $50K Stage 4 TC Trike that we tried to talk Mike into buying.....if Batman rode a Trip-Glide, that would have been it.....sadly, no sale

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just do a search on the Pomeroys, lots of shady deals with those people. When you take someone’s trade that still owed money, then don’t pay that note off, then the finance company is calling the previous owner asking for their cash, that’s bs. Eddie, the shop in Mauston had the small shop in the Dells.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally saw a little piece of info on weather or not someone else will move in. From what I saw its a big NO.

Apparently that wonderful group known as Windy City bought the assets from Iron Town as well as the zip code from MoCo so that no one else can move in and be too close and compete with MKE Harley (who they also own).

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Finally saw a little piece of info on weather or not someone else will move in. From what I saw its a big NO.

Apparently that wonderful group known as Windy City bought the assets from Iron Town as well as the zip code from MoCo so that no one else can move in and be too close and compete with MKE Harley (who they also own).
You can buy a zip code from HD? How would that benefit the company if no one is going to move in?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Windy City has apparently hit the "cap" as to how many dealers they're allowed. So to "buy the zip", their particular dealership have less competition. One more reason why I dislike them. The treatment I got at MKE went above and beyond what I expected. In a bad way.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
You can buy a zip code from HD? How would that benefit the company if no one is going to move in?
thats how Harley sells dealerships, by zip codes. Here in Florida in Pinellas County Fletcher’s was in the north end and owned those zip codes, Jim’s was in the south end of the county and owned those zip codes, NPR Harley was north of Fletcher’s and owned those zip codes. When Harley forced Fletcher’s out they split their area in half and sold the zip codes to Jim’s and NPR, now no other dealer can come in the area.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I have never like the idea of a person or group owning more than one dealership. Or the old scam He owns one wife owns another. The dealership I go to is own by the same family that started it.
Oldest member of the family grew up in the shop . His children did. The family works in the dealership not just hanging around or stopping in for a meeting now and then. The years of HD knowledge are priceless. The owner is there 5 to 6 days a week some even now. Most of those that work there have been there a long time. When my bikes go in for something in most case they same tech works on it.
They know My family well. When the big investors take over the dealership becomes about one thing only , milking every last dime . It shows when you meet them. I have said it many times Mischler,s HD is the only reason I stay with HD

·
Registered
778 Posts
I was planning on going to bike nite last Tuesday, but saw it was cancelled. Now I know why. This is truly a mess.

https://fox6now.com/2019/07/16/iron-town-harley-davidson-in-new-berlin-shuts-down-day-to-day-operations/
I do not know the Iron Town dealership specifically. I also think we are going to see more and more dealerships struggle and/or close. I see fewer and fewer cars and bikes in the parking lot at our local dealer. I also see the same last year's models out in the parking lot for sale every visit. A "tell tale" sign is there is starting to be rust on the metal of these last year's, unsold bikes.

There are more and more unsolicited "sales" when I walk in to buy parts, tires, etc. I am seeing great efforts for actual customer service.

I am not meaning to pick on our local dealer, just general observations regarding HD. I see similar issues with other dealers along my rides across the country.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Just do a search on the Pomeroys, lots of shady deals with those people. When you take someone’s trade that still owed money, then don’t pay that note off, then the finance company is calling the previous owner asking for their cash, that’s bs. Eddie, the shop in Mauston had the small shop in the Dells.
Unless it is local you don't hear much about it , second level auto sales get nailed of this often. A person I know that had a dealership Was carrying a line of credit with inventory backing the paper.
When things got tight he moved a few with out paying the holder of the debit right away. No big deal no one the wiser. But like most things he had to keep robbing peter to pay Paul and they got him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts