Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one thing I have not heard much about the new 18's, is the new redesigned front and rear suspension. Is it significantly better, or will people still want to upgrade it?

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
The MOCO can install the best of the best and folks will still always want more. :)

Reactions: rider17

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
if you're referring to the roadglide suspension, it isn't redesigned for 2018. it's the same as the 2017, which was improved over the 2016.

now, if you're referring to the new 'softails', I have no idea. don't know anyone who has even ridden them yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you're referring to the roadglide suspension, it isn't redesigned for 2018. it's the same as the 2017, which was improved over the 2016.

now, if you're referring to the new 'softails', I have no idea. don't know anyone who has even ridden them yet.
I was referring to the 2018 roadglide and the rest of the new touring lineup. In a email I received from the MOCO, they were talking up the suspension in the new models, I just assumed there was a upgrade from last year's model. Sorry to hear that's not the case, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
The suspension on the 2017/18 touring bikes is light years better than years prior, especially 13 and prior.

I traded in my 13 FLTRU and I was amazed at the difference. Better shocks in the rear and the new fork internals make a huge difference.

I might have considered aftermarket shocks in the rear, and while I'm sure you could do better, I have to think that the margin of difference is now much smaller. I'm completely happy with how this bike rides, and will be spending my mod money elsewhere.

·
Registered
958 Posts
18's have the same suspension as the 17's (except softails) - they updated the 17, I liked what they did - however the rears on the RGS were still 12" - nice shock but simply not enough travel - I went with the 14" SuperShox - they have worked out very well for me......

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a new Set with 800 miles on them off 18 RGS. Went with Ohlins for more adjustable. Up forsale if interested. Ping me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine sucks, on 2018 CVO. Maybe I just don't have the knob adjusted correctly, but it rides way worse than my CVO V-Rod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts