Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and only thing I found was someone else asking the same question almost a decade ago. If I am observing out stock systems correctly, both exhaust exit the engine and enter into the same CAT chamber where the distribute to both exhaust pipes via least resistance. Would capping off the exhaust outlet going to the left side of the bike essentially make this a 2-into-1? I can imagine there being an issue with the turbulence caused by the exhaust trying to exit the short distance between the split and the cap point. Anyways I was just wondering if any of the exhaust intelligent people here that also like to save money where they can have looked into this possible mod.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I did a quick search and only thing I found was someone else asking the same question almost a decade ago. If I am observing out stock systems correctly, both exhaust exit the engine and enter into the same CAT chamber where the distribute to both exhaust pipes via least resistance. Would capping off the exhaust outlet going to the left side of the bike essentially make this a 2-into-1? I can imagine there being an issue with the turbulence caused by the exhaust trying to exit the short distance between the split and the cap point. Anyways I was just wondering if any of the exhaust intelligent people here that also like to save money where they can have looked into this possible mod.
There is a modification available for the '17 & newer models from Khrome Werks that will turn the factory dual exhaust into a 2:1 called the 2:1 Torque Booster (link below). However, I do not believe there is anything for '16 & older models like this :0/

https://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/product/khrome-werks-2-1-torque-booster-harley-davidson/

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
There is a modification available for the '17 & newer models from Khrome Werks that will turn the factory dual exhaust into a 2:1 called the 2:1 Torque Booster (link below). However, I do not believe there is anything for '16 & older models like this :0/

https://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/product/khrome-werks-2-1-torque-booster-harley-davidson/

Hope this helps!
Exactly what I was going to suggest based on your response of the bike you have!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I did this to both my current bike and my previous.

previous was a 2001 Electraglide Standard, I took the rear pipe off and had a professional welder delete the left side port. I was very pleased with it, I used one "Wild pig" slip on and it seemed fine.

my current bike is a 2011 RGU, I purchased a Cat deleted pipe from an ebay seller, I contacted him before purchase and requested he delete the left side port, he charged me an extra $20 for that and I have been very happy with it. I run some generic slip on that I found at a swap meet for $20.

on both bikes I think the sound is better than the stock set up. as for performance I'm happy but I didnt really have a baseline, Im not chasing horsepower, the cat delete on the RGU is for temperature.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
You can certainly get the look, and at least some of the sound of a 2-1 by simply capping the turn-out point, but the likelyhood of getting any
kind of performance gain is very slim, and I would bet you're gonna lose performance.
So, do you spend $400 for the look and sound, or do you add another $2-400 and get the real deal?
Your choice i guess, but I know which way I'd go if it was my money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts