Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first roadglide and love it, it’s all factory except bars and pipes right now but I want to do a front wheel. It is my understanding that a 21” can go right on with no modifying, what do I have to do with a 23” and does anyone have pictures of either?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
21" no issues other than stock fender may need to be raised. And cornering is NO problem with a 21". Look up Tail of the Dragon, Back of the Dragon, Dragon's Claw, etc and I have ridden them hard with a 21" and went faster than most 19" Road or Electra Glides. Can't speak to 23" from first hand experience. See my garage for pics.

BTW, welcome to the forum from Maryland.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Actually I was thinking the 23" would adversely effect handling in corners. 21" just makes the turn in a little slower vs. a 19" but not that much difference. Based on comparing a 16" vs. 21" on a motard vs. dirt bike; same frame and just swapping front wheels.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I've put just over 35,000 miles on my 21" front, no disappointment for me. No experience with a 23.
Great Looking Bike Man.

I think the 21" is what should have been used from the factory.

It's the perfect size and the handling is still spot on IMO.

Swomack

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I've put just over 35,000 miles on my 21" front, no disappointment for me. No experience with a 23.
Beautiful ride, sir! Love the paint.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Love my 21"

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts