Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Thundermax ECM in my 2012 FLTRU so I have an unused stock ECM. Can the dealer clear the vin and turn it back to unused condition? Or, should I just keep it just-in-case.

·
Registered
8,289 Posts
Keep it incase the Tmax goes out. It's a good way to run checks when problems arise.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yeah no way would I sell it. It would cost so much more than you'll recoup if you need to go back to stock ecm. Too many issues with tmax to call it a set and forget solution. Not to mention resale value, someone else might buy the bike and look to a dealer to do all work and maybe a dealer would reject the bike with the aftermarket EFI. I dunno... I err to the conservative side with stuff like this.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yeah no way would I sell it. It would cost so much more than you'll recoup if you need to go back to stock ecm. Too many issues with tmax to call it a set and forget solution. Not to mention resale value, someone else might buy the bike and look to a dealer to do all work and maybe a dealer would reject the bike with the aftermarket EFI. I dunno... I err to the conservative side with stuff like this.
'With rageglide 110%!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts